Terminator: Salvation Discuss/Grade <Spoilers>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, May 19, 2009.

?

Grade "Terminator Salvation"

1. "I'll be back!" (Excellent)

31 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

61 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

50 vote(s)
    26.6%
  4. "If we stay this course we are dead! We are all dead!" (Below Average)

26 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. "You are TERMINATED." (Poor)

20 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

They're 'Something Else'.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Well letting Bale off the hook is a mistake imo. What his character was going to be doing in the next two films, should they get made, was where he would be needed.

With the film only at $122m US domestic it no doubt has underperformed. Its global numbers help keep the franchise alive however having brought in $324 WW.

3. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Captain Craig

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I've been hearing some news about the DVD and Blu-Ray releases for the film from online sources.

Apparently the DVD release will be barebones while the Blu-Ray will have all the Special Features. That may change, but its not expected to.

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I doubt the DVD release will be excluded special features like that. It just strikes me as unlikely--Warner Bros. (or whoever is releasing the disc) doesn't want to alienate half their fanbase.

On that note, will this be the extended director's cut, because this film needs to be released in a longer form.

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ There is no extended cut yet announced.

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

DVD Active is also suggesting, now, that there will be no bonus features on the DVD and that WB really is only going to be putting the special features on the Blu-Ray.

11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah! I can understand a Terminator being arrested but these guys are trying to save the world and us normal people keep fucking things up for them.

Superman shouldn't allow himself to be arrested though. He is too nice.

Why don't the police go arrest some of them super villains.

12. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

So I saw Terminator Salvation a few weeks back but I didn't post my thoughts because I wasn't sure if they were truly genuine or premptive. Well, I saw it again recently and I gotta admit: I really liked it.

It's not a perfect movie by any means, but it's very entertaining with some heartfelt characters. The action sequences are also utterly fantastic. The first sequence with Conner and the helicopter in one shot just blew me away. Everything else was just really captivating both in a visual and story sense. These sequences really pushed the story forward.

McG also got some really good performances out of his actors. Christian Bale was a little one dimensional but he was still as solid as ever. Sam Worthington had this gruff quality that translated well. Anton Yelchin probably gave the best performance of the bunch. I really liked his Kyle Reese. And Moon Bloodgood stole the female spotlight from Bryce Dallas Howard. She was very good.

I just overall really enjoyed the film, and I apologize for coming late to the party. The ending was kind of cliché and trite how it obviously set up a sequel but you know I hope they do one now. With McG at the helm. I know a lot of people didn't like this but I gotta say I much prefer it to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

13. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

That's like saying a kick in the balls is better than a hot poker in the eye socket...

14. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

It is.

I mean, really. Severe eye trauma would be permanent.

15. Captain Craig

Glad you liked it as well. I agree and so many of the "problems" with the film by the haters have been debunked or explained away on prior pages in this thread.

It'll be dissapointing if they don't follow-up now that the pieces are in place for further installments. Its going to finish up with a domestic total of $125m.

16. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What? Where? When?? :confused:

17. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

That is ridiculous. :wtf:

18. Captain Craig

^^
    So is not releasing a Directors Cut of Watchmen in the UK but it seems, as of now, that Warners also has likely done that.

19. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Apparently Sam Worthington agrees with me. :)

http://chud.com/articles/articles/2...PROBLEMS-WITH-TERMINATOR-SALVATION/Page1.html

"Some of the criticism, though, Sam simply gets. And he agrees with you on it. 'I can nitpick with the best of them, man, and go down the list on IMDB where they found holes in it and go, 'You are fucking right! If there was a big 10 ton robot coming outside that gas station, surely we would fuckin' hear it!' And I missed that! So now I'm going to be a bit fuckin' better when I'm going through my scripts because now I feel like an idiot for not turning to McG [and saying something].'"

20. Captain Craig

Except you(still) and Sam don't get that the huge robot was DROPPED off by a silent run airtransport. That on screen the moment you sense something is up, like the gas station rafters shaking, the robot is there.

Sorry you still can't grasp that. Sam I can excuse cause I doubt he's been on msg boards where it's been explained numerous times.