Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Allyn Gibson, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mutant race my ass.

Mutants are humans beings with powers.

Repowering the mutants didn't create new life, it just made preexisting life more interesting.

He risked the destruction of planet to make superficial changes to stuck up asses who couldn't deal with normal life as a normal person.

Did Cable show Cyclops this future in X-Sanction where there was that war room with all the trophies and future tech from after an X-Men/Avengers War?

He blamed that on Hope?

2. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Seems like it.

I dunno what it is lately with Steve Rogers - but either he's written to be this complete and utter jerk/holier than thou attitude. Or he's this really nice guy that just wants to help people. I guess Marvel WAS right that death changed him... but I'm not sure I like the change.

I mean take this past weekend's Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (okay I know, not everyone's favorite series, but hear me out) basically he was portrayed as a pretty nice guy. Friendly, understanding, firm when he had to be, but basically a big boy scout. That's when Captain America works the best.

Lately he's been acting like Nick Fury-lite. Or... Civil War era Tony Stark.

I'd be reeeally interested to see Tony take Steve aside and go "Y'know... just so you know... we're even. You declared Civil War against an entire group of people because you thought you were right. Kinda seems a bit... familiar?"

3. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't agree. They are the next step in evolution in the Marvel universe.

4. Guy Gardener

Celestials made some decisions a million years ago.

The Eternals were a slavish defence mechanism for the Celestial foetus playing with itself underground and the Deviants were party people. The cavemen seeded with the potential for mutation down the line were just supposed to be footsolders to fight off Galactus who in truth doesn't eat the life force of planets but Celestial foetuses infesting planets.

Eugenics, not evolution.

Mutation was going to happen no matter what because Galactus was always coming..

Evolution was a slow plod to Eternal status which might take another billion years unless we evolve down a dead end; like the Kree or the Skrulls if you beleive in that claremont Annnual in the 80s that supposes there are gods looking over Mutation, Evolution and Ceasation.

We can't become Eternals if Mutation turns mankind into Deviants.

Would you rather be thelife of the party or perfectly dull?

5. Davros

Balderdash!

Mutant supremacy is the future!!

6. Guy Gardener

Baring any Sentinel underpinned concentration-camp apocalypse that's a possibility, but it's still not evolution any more than the Kree shooting Human beings up with Terrigenesis.

7. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Returning to this classic thread, out today... A-Babies Vs. X-Babies, wrapped in Scottie Young's variant baby cover of the Avengers and X-Men fighting.

It's cute. It's pretty. (The art is by Gurihiru, who drew Thor and the Warriors Four, which is one of my favorite Thor stories.) It's fun. It's narratively thin.

Baby Captain America goes to bed and discovers that his favorite teddy bear -- Bucky Bear -- has been stolen by the kid with red glasses in the house across the street. So Captain America assembles the Avengers -- including a Baby Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury -- and they are going to take Bucky Bear back.

Naturally, Baby Cyclops doesn't want to give up Bucky Bear, and he assembles his own team -- and there's a funny line about how the X-Men lack a rallying cry as simple as "Avengers assemble." :)

What follows is ten or so pages of babies wailing on babies. The Storm/Black Panther panels are great. Wolverine's encounter in space is hilarious. Cyclops is a dick, even as a baby. And it has a WTF-level ending.

Like I said, it's cute. Has nothing to do, plot-wise, with Avengers Vs. X-Men, and it's not as good as the Squirrel Girl/Pixie "battle" in AVX Vs. #6. But, if you want a few laughs and you can get a good deal on it, it's not devoid of interest.

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Davros