Phase Two-Ever considered.....

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by E-DUB, Jul 27, 2012.

1. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Filming the old James Blish novel: "Spock Must Die"? It would need to be a two-parter and some aspects would need to be changed to bring it into line with later continuity but you've had three actors play Spock and I think fans would be able to suspend disbelief enough to accept 2 of them at once playing "Spocks 1 and 2", saving the annoyance of having to do all the tricks shows do when they have duplicates of the characters on screen. (I'm thinking Fringe right now.)

What do fans think of this idea?

2. Sir Rhosis

Sir Rhosis Commodore Commodore

Already been done, back in 1974 (if memory serves). Called "Paragons Paragon."

Sir Rhosis

3. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe it's time for a remake.

Actually, I'd love to see a Star Trek fan effort based on the old Gold Key comics. Back when the Enterprise interior looked more like a submarine and characters all wore the same green tunics (except Spock who had blue). Landing parties were outfitted with backpacks, and Army style belts with canteens. And Kirk had the only communuicator which was drawn as a tricorder. Scotty would be a bitchy insubordanate (and blonde). Dialog would be ripe with exclamations like "Great suns!" "Galloping galaxies!" and "Zounds!"

4. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

This has actually been discussed here before, and even though technically it would be a reboot, it could be great fun trying to accuratl recreate the world of the comics.

It could even have scenes shot on a real submarine with studio sets, and be styled like a 50s sci fi flick, like 'Forbidden Planet'.

I'd be well up for it!

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Or just have it on planet Kelly Green...

6. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

Given the number of episodes we can film every year, my vote is to tell new stories that are appropriate for the times - like the original Star Trek - not ones people have read a thousand times already.

But that's just my vote, which counts for very little.... as "Blood and Fire", "The Child", "Kitumba", "Mind-Sifter", and "Bread and Savagery" will attest....