The Long, Twilight Duet.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Thor Damar, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    And so it begins...

In the unnameable reaches of existence, in the depths of creation and the ever changing arena of time, They dwelt. Unlike anything before or since, majestic in Their terrible power and horrific glory the Eldritch beings passed the eons in ways beyond all understanding and hope of mere contemplation.
    And yet, for lack of a better term, They were bored and now decided to play with the fates of two obscure universes...

Gul Skrain Dukat walked the fore corridor of the Galor class attack vessel Parkesh, headed for the central command deck with rather mixed feelings. To think that we once ruled unchallenged across this part of the galaxy with every world that we saw shaking in fear of the Union. Now we are reduced to bargaining with the humans and their lackeys. Such was the resentment boiling away in the Gul that it shone through his normally impassive and proper Cardassian mien, to the extent that several crew members, upon espying the commander, swiftly scurried out of his path.

That brought an amused smile to the face of Dukat as he entered the hub of this mighty vessel. He marched up to the imposing throne sited at the centre of the busy bridge and, after a quick glance at the proud sigil of his empire, turned to the most senior officer for a status report. “Glinn Ketor what is our ETA in the Bajor system?”

The seasoned solider turned to face his leader. “My Gul, we shall arrive at Terok Nor in thirty metrics.” Gul Dukat was pleased with this news. “Excellent, I have to confess to a certain anticipation in our new mission, we will show those weak willed humans and the ungrateful Bajorian...”

However the universe had other plans for Dukat and his entire race, plans that would forever alter the fates of two unconnected galaxies. A new age would dawn both dark and glorious and its ultimate end could only be told by the mad and the deranged lords of time and space who sat in their sanctuary and watched...

Dukat paused in mid stream as he felt a weird sensation beyond all comparison grasp his entire body and mind in a fearsome hold that threatened to destroy his sanity and cast him into a bleak numbness. Just as he opened his month to scream and curse his fate, the whole of reality seemed to shift and Skrain Dukat found himself and his crew dropped back into normality.

“Report” croaked the stunned Gul, unable to believe what had just happened. The Gorr at the sensor station blinked rapidly trying to overcome his shock and report the rather stunning news that the Parkesh had gathered.

“Sir, I have received a standard distress signal from CC on Prime ordering all ships and other military assets to report back immediately and confirm their location, which I have done.”

“Good” said Dukat smoothly “and what exactly IS our current location?”
    The younger officer forced back a gulp at the thought of what this rather odd news that he would report could mean for his credibility and career. “We should be in the Bajor system on approach to the Federation starbase but...”

“I take it that our circumstances have changed somewhat?” interrupted the Gul in a low and deceptively calm tone.

“Yes sir, we seem to be in an unknown star system with no sign of either Terok Nor or Bajor itself. I cannot ascertain the location of anything from that system” He gulped audibly and delivered the coup that would astound everyone. “And that is not the only thing, my long range scans can detect no sign of Startfleet, Ferengi or klingon activity for light years, far into the depths of what should be their territories. What’s more, although the Union is whole, none of the surrounding worlds are recognisable. We seem to be alone out here.”

A horrible silence fell across the bridge as everyone contemplated this startling news. It was soundly and suddenly broken by a loud shout that bespoke angry dismay.

“WHAT?!”

A few hours had passed since the rather abrupt change in Cardassia’s fortunes and the Pakesh had remained at a dead stop whilst communications with Central Command was restored. At the present time no one at any level had the slightest notion of what had occurred and what this meant for the Union as a whole. However, there was some rather good news for the Cardassians.

It hung in space like a beautiful marble, large green-brown continents surrounded by lush azure oceans with a sparkling clean atmosphere that denied any industrial contamination or natural pollutant. So magnificent was this gem that even the hardboiled officers of the battlecruiser where moved. But it was the analysis of the world’s resources and population that would excite interest.

“It is perfect, practically swarming with abundant natural resources including dilithium, Ores and so much more. As for the natives, they are preindustrial and at this time engaged in several conflicts between each other using primitive hand weaponry. An easy target.”

A sinister smirk crept over the face of Dukat and most of the crew as he turned toward the commutations officer; “establish contract with the Central Command and request an expeditionary force be assembled at once! We have much work ahead of us my soldiers.”

The cry went up instinctively from the throats of the entire crew, a cry that would cause terror and chaos throughout the reach of this unfortunate Galaxy.

“FOR CARDASSIA !”

2. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder what universe they're in!!

You sure caught the arrogance of Dukat...I can see his swagger as I read that!

3. Thor Damar

There are several clues as to what universe the Cardassians are in.;)
    I'm pleased to see that I was able to capture the essence of 'prime' Dukat as he's going to play a huge role in this story. (so from that you can infer just how most of the Cardassians will behave.)

Thanks for reading:bolian:

4. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    I know it says about 'universes' in the beginning, but I feel like they were thrown into the past. So far into the past that other future galactic powers' species are still on their homeworlds banging each other on their heads with bludgeons.

And power-hungry Gul Dukat. He's going to be King of the Galaxy, Dukat I.

Can't wait for more :D

5. Thor Damar

Oh, they have been moved to another universe, one in which the Union has a decided advantage on which it will capitalize:evil:.
    Still, who knows just what games They are playing? Perhaps somewhere in the multiverse a version of the Cardassian Union has been thrown into the past and even now Galors orbit both Qo'noS and a certain blue-green planet...

Our dear Dukat will have quite a future ahead of him, or should that be:
    High Gul of the Cardassian Empire Dukat;)

6. Gul Re'jal

Looks out her window to check the sky and...sees a Cardassian pylon :wtf:

[​IMG]

7. Thor Damar

He raised his left primary arm in glorious victory, his heifth dripping with the accursed blood of his foul enemies.

“My proud and noble Keevician Warriors. Today is a day of destiny, a day in which our final victory over our eternal foes is begun. We have taken the city of Tekhum from the Kingdom and stand posed to inflict a final defeat on that inbred fool and his minions. This day is your day sons of Keevir, Victory is ours!”

As the vast army assembled below him cheered in ecstatic delight raising their bloody weapons on high, warlord Stwvick glanced around the battered cityscape. A great victory perhaps, but one that has cost us all too dearly, Success like this could ruin us...

The siege has lasted for twenty circles and had resulted in thousands of deaths along with the massacre of most civilians leaving the once beautiful city a smoking wreck. Fortunately the main port was captured intact and the warfleet was even now on its way. The city would be a gateway to the heartland of the Kingdom of Veroum and the abject conquest of this whole land to the mighty Keevic League and its vassals...

A loud screech rent the very air causing all who heard it to filch in pain. Only the Warlord himself mustered up the fortitude and wherewithal to look up and try and track the source of such demonic noise. That was when he saw it, the beast that would spell the doom of his age.
    It was huge, easily larger that the most impressive galley, resembling nothing more than one of the dangerous predators of the deep. The bronzed skin seemed to shine with a deadly intensity and it moved with a speed and grace that none had ever seen before.

An army of once fearsome soldiery that had just this very day slain their way into the fortress with much bloodshed and terror was now reduced to the frightened panic of cowering children at the mere slight. Several archers finally had the presence of mind to fire a round at the hovering demon but had no effect upon it.

It seemed to hang suspended in the heavens for a lifetime before shooting towards the distant stars at intimidating speeds.
    Warlord Stwvick had recovered enough from the terrifying shock to wonder just what that...thing was. He decided that it must have been a delusion brought on by the aftermath of a chaotic battle. He made a mental note to punish his soldiers for the unmitigated panic and foolish reactions to a mere phantom and stove to dismiss the terrifying sight from his mind.

Sadly for that most noble of warriors, it was only the start of what would ultimately led to his final destruction at the hands of a far more cruel foe that the ones that he had bested this day.

In orbit

Gul Jasad of the Second order awaited the reports from the preliminary scouts with barely veiled impatience. He forced himself to refrain from pacing the deck, an action that would have given the crew some hint of their Gul’s irritancy, which would NOT do of course as a good Cardassian remains aloof and disciplined no matter what happens. Still, it was rather vexing to have to react to that pompous arse Dukat again. Bad enough that his squadron was ordered to remain just outside the Bajor system, at the beck and call of the former prefect on the chance that he screwed up again with those bajoran animals, worst now that in this new galaxy (wherever it was) he was under orders from that cretin.

The delay was not helping the good Gul’s temper. How long does it take to survey one primitive world? Has the whole damnable Grand Fleet gone slack on me? We are Cardassians not incompetent Ferengi scavengers by Akleen’s neck!

Jasad’s internal ranting was interrupted by his comm officer. “We have received the reports from our scouts.” The Gul leapt up from his command chair and stalked over to the younger officer. “Good news I hope?” barked Jasad, unwilling to wait any longer due to feeble minded procrastination on the part of his worthless ‘comrades’.

The Gorr manning the communication station almost filched at the unbridled aggression of his commander, only restraining from doing so at the thought of Jasad’s already legendary temper exploding in his direction.

“Yes, sir, the, um, scouts have overflown all key urban centres and otherwise large concentrations of lifeforms and have discovered several areas where a judicial use of force might, er, help to expedite the initial conquest.”

The Gorr’s soft Lakarian accent proved to be most beneficial in conveying the required information to the perpetually angry Gul, even if it was grating to his ears. Jasad stared silently at the uncomfortable young man for several seconds before slowly and quietly thanking him for delivering such good news. The tone was such that it sounded more like a death sentence rather than a Gul acknowledging his subordinates efforts.

Gorr Lekat almost collapsed into his chair desperately trying to conceal his nervous exhaustion from the rest of the bridge as Gul Jasdad made his way back to the command throne. The young Lakarian knew that he was not cut out for the military life and had in fact been working towards a career as a Inquisitor of Union literature when his conscription period had come up. The ethos of the Grand Union fleet and the missions that the ships of the Empire would perform where repellent to the sensitive Cardassian, not that he could admit so to nay of his crewmates as bullying and causal intimidation remained rife on this particular vessel.

At least Gul Evek’s poetry goes some way towards making this manageable, sighed the miserable young solider before his train of thought was interrupted by his loathsome superior.

“Prep the assault squads for combat and designate the landing zones, I want this planet of weaklings to be serving the Union by the end of its first rotation. And in case they foolishly resist our might we shall lock all weapons on their largest city and liquidate it. “

Gul Jasad slammed his fist against his left shoulder followed suit by the whole bridge. They roared as one:

“For the Union. For Cardassia!”

8. Nerys Ghemor

Definitely sounds like Jasad all right...what a nasty temper the guy has! And it's not surprising that the "ethic" of bullying is rampant with that kind of example for the crew to follow. (Kind of like Berat's former gul, in the novel Betrayal.)

One question...how is this gorr getting Evek's poetry on Jasad's ship?

9. Gul Re'jal

Awwwww, I already like Gorr Lekat :luvlove:

On Brenok's ear, how do you read that: Stwvick? St... stw-vick... [​IMG]

10. Nerys Ghemor

You? Upset over consonants in a row???

:lol:

;)

11. Thor Damar

Yeah, even though the Cardassians are going to be complete SOB in this universe, I can't resist having a few lovable sons and daughters of Cardassia around. You'll see some more as we go on although they'll be lots more like the charming Jasad alas.

As for Stwvick? I'm imagining his name been hissed very quickly for some reason with perhaps a sibilant emphasis on the s. Ssstwvick for example. Mind you I'm not very good at creating languages so I'm still not certain how Keevician who sound.:alienblush:

I'm going to keep our worthy warlord around for a while as I have plans for him...

I think that even in the oppressive world of the Grand Union Fleet there is still a remnant of the old spirituality of the Cardassians and since Evek is a Hero of the Union, his works would be circulated far and wide. Its just that most of Dukat's ilk are philistines when it comes to art and unfortunately they dominate the military.

Once again my thanks for reading.

12. Gul Re'jal

Hey, THAT set of consonants is hard even for me :lol:

Can I have a copy too, please?

13. Thor Damar

:lol:. I'll see what I can do Gul.