Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't give a flying fuck what movie reviewers say when it comes to picking a movie to see - there's an enormous amount of direct information about every film out there, you know, on this thing called the Internet - and I can't recall the last time that a movie disappointed the expectation I had going it.

BTW, as little sway as these Internet reviewers have on English speaking audiences, they have virtually none in the rest of the world. Man Of Steel is going to make bank big time internationally.

2. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I do think for myself. Until the reviews slide so far that it becomes a no brainer

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The movie is perfectly watchable and enjoyable. Go see it. It may be lacking problems when it comes to many things in movie making, pacing, and characterizations but I don't think an abundance of dutch angles and flashy action scenes should be enough to turn one away from a movie. Go see it and make your own opinions rather than going off the opinions of journalists and film-school dropouts.

4. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^"Lacking problems" is a good thing, you know.

Fandango has my money, I'm going Saturday afternoon.

5. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's started off well in the Philippines, and from what I've read from those who saw it there, they loved it:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/man-steel-shatters-philippines-box-office-record-142031329.html

6. Admiral Buzzkill

There's no such thing.

7. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am surprised the rating on Rotten Tomatoes has gone down as much as it has, but nothing in the negative reviews has made me any less enthusiastic about seeing it. I've seen, and loved, plenty of movies with lower scores than this. I'm more than used to agreeing with fewer than 60% of movie critics. :D

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Exactly. :lol: :techman:

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, there's always plenty of trailers for movies these days, you should be able to make your choice from them, and to heck with the Pro critics, unless you find yourself generally agreeing with specific ones, and you see things you don't like in the Trailers.

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm way past used to being the only person in the theater. :techman:

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

A lot of the reviews, to me, seem like they're complaining that MoS isn't enough like the old movies. And yet Superman Returns got blasted for being too much like the old movies. I think the movie's going to do just fine.

12. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

What? Are these critics full of shit or something?:rolleyes:

Then I won't be listening to them at all myself.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hearing "too serious, not charming/funny enough". I was talking about the review in the local paper and my dad said, "So it's too much like Iron Man?"

I was like, "No, it's too much like The Dark Knight. Apparently it's not enough like Iron Man."

Because of RDJ the public now expects every superhero project to be a laugh riot.

As I read this I heard the opening chords of "Also Sprach Zarathustra".

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Boom!

15. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I really feel, and forgive me for saying this again, it seems like much of the negative criticisms are coming from critics that do not like summer blockbusters or superhero movies.

16. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

I really miss being able to check what Roger Ebert has to say...

17. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

From a random person on another website:

"Man of Steel. What a piece of crap. I walked out of the midnight show a little more than halfway through."

:eek:

I mean, people have different tastes, I can see some people thinking it's bad, but walk-out bad???

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I have really simple criteria when picking a movie because I'm time rather than cash poor - does it look like it will be fun for two hours?

19. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

DC versus Marvel rivalry can reach insane levels on the internet. I wouldn't trust that every random person posting about a superhero movie is on the level.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I voted A- on the review thread. My review is spoiler-heavy but ultimately it's a very spectacular and epic movie. The cast are brilliant and I never once missed Reeve or Routh. I had my problems with parts of it, but I won't go into that here. My advice would be to see it.