Before & After/Year Of Hell relationship

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JirinPanthosa, Dec 1, 2012.

1. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think that might have been the point, he can't see(just like with the time ship) that he is the factor that's causing the whole mess to begin with. It's a vicious time loop because literally is punishing him. No matter what delays there are, Annorax is still destine to build that ship. The only thing that would factor that out, is to erase himself from time.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But he didn't erase himself.

Here's the stinker.

If he got the wife back, she'd be married to another Annorax already native to this freashly created new universe and old Annorax from out side of time would have to get rid of himself "somehow" or set up some sort of timeshare solution.

And really after 200 hundred years how could he be anything close to the man she fell in love with? And after 200 hundred years how could he see her as anything less than a child once all the ressurectiongoogles have been lifted off?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it was kind of a mad quest after a while.

He didn't erase himself, the core of the time-ship got erased. The weapon that started the mess got erased and thus Annorax himself was now restored to his original self.

Works out.

4. Guy Gardener

If the core was made out of stuff so unique to that part of the galaxy that it wasn't replaceable in his life time, Anorax would no longer be a temporal physicist and suddenly become a theoretical temporal physicist

5. exodus

You can't erase yourself.
    Too erase yourself, you had to exist.
    If you erased yourself, then who was the you erasing you if you don't exist?:lol: ..but it's true.

The only way to fix it is,if someone else from the future went back in time a killed Annorax as a child or any point before the idea of the time equation was created.

Wouldn't the equation be more dangerous?
    Annorax shared his idea with others in the Krenium science and military depts.
    Even if the Krenium didn't have the resources to create the ship, what happens if by chance that knowledge just happened to fall into the hands the Borg or the other planet the Krenium are in dispute with?
    Now everybody has the idea.......and maybe the means.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  6. Guy Gardener

It did fall into the Borgs hands.

Annorax is in living in Seven's head. Annorax is living in a lot of Drones minds.

Do you think it a coincidence that First Contact was set minutes before the start of season 4 when seven joined the crew when she uploaded Annoraxes personality hich was perhaps one of the last infopackets she would have harvested from the Collective?

7. exodus

Annorax was a member of the Krenium science dept., plus he was creating the equation to be turned into a weapon. So ALLOT of Krenium scientists and top military brass knew the equation for the Borg to get their hands on it. They mention there were assimilated Krenium scientists in "Unimatrix Zero".

8. Guy Gardener

Google word search disagrees with you sir.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.chakoteya.net%2F+krenim&btnG=Search&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial.

Sorry.

Have you ever wondered if Anorax was purposely hovering before the launch of the temporal weapon, afraid of some competition, even though the tech level of the Krenim was constantly changing that more temporal weapons weren't also leaving the universe to destroy their enemies at unpredictably accelerated timetables?

Maybe the weapon doesn't launch until 2380, or he sabotages any competition in it's infancy? Surely his wife's destruction means that he too is dead if they were living together happily? As if "time" personally would taunt Annorax like that! there was some agent making him chase his own tail while guaranteeing that there is no council of crosstime Anoraxes dividing up the universe into duchies.

However without the first target, the Rilnar to tackle maybe the following universes didn't have the same drive to invent a temporal weapon so devastating like the "original" universe Annorax came from?

Consider... If someone removed the Jews in the 17th century, would the NAZIs have risen to power so easily or quickly or at all without such a convenient scapegoat? But then really, for their needs, almost anyone would have sufficed to fill the Semitic vacuum.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  9. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Annorax made the weapon in the 22nd century, not the 24th.

10. Guy Gardener

It's a time machine.

The time machine was hovering over a year when the Anorax's wife was the same age as he was-ish.

Did he want her back 200 years older, or did he want her back dead and buried?

Neither.

He wanted the gal back at 40, so that he could walk back into her life and bedroom, right after he had killed or misplaced her real husband.

11. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Well, Annorax was pretty nutty by "Year of Hell" so his actions don't really have to make rational sense anymore...

12. Guy Gardener

They made sense to Chakotay who called Annorax "a great man".

It's like there's no coolaide this *&^% won't drink.

13. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was simply a matter of the writers going "eh..let's not deal with that, it's a bit icky", trying to come up with in universe explanations is pointless as I highly doubt Menosky and Braga did, still an excellent episode.

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I rented "Year of Hell" on a cross-country Virgin flight a year or so ago for three or four bucks. Hadn't seen it in years but remembered it fondly, expecting to be entertained. What I got was some of the most inert non-drama I'd ever seen. When Janeway told the remaining crew they'd be safer and have a better chance of "making alliances" and reaching home in escape pods - escape pods! - than on a still-functioning ship, no matter how damaged or crowded, I snorted in disbelief and gave up entirely. Airplane sleep was a more appealing prospect than Part Deux.

If "Year of Hell" is edgy Voyager, I think I'll stick with safe Voyager. :p

15. exodus

16. Guy Gardener

The google word search was for "Kremin" on a Voyager transcript site. The word Krenim has only been used in Year of Hell, before and after and infinite recess, and not Unimatrix Zero. If you followed the link, it only shows you three episode titles. Thats it.

Not a lot of reading, and it's a very useful tool for finding quotes and confirming information we have long since forgotten or misplaced.

17. exodus

Oh,pardon me.
    Then it was "Infinite Regress".
    I knew it was some ep. that had a Borg theme.

18. Guy Gardener

I did say "sorry".

How often does that happen?

Thing is, I could easily see how there could be Krenim in Unimatrix Zero... Or Flesh and Blood for that matter.