Cardassian ships: those I am attracted to. Mechanical eye-candy.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Aquehonga, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder how the double hulls would be useful in that?

Might they be effectively a torus for the plasma flow around the black hole?

2. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Understandable then, my friend. I just wasn't sure what specifically bothered you. Personally I don't mind it, but IDIC after all. I'm just glad they actually bothered to give the Romulans a distinct style at all. We were sick of the Klingon second-hand goods! We give them a cloak, they steal our defining characteristics and we end up with second-hand ships! :scream: ;)

3. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    ^ "She's a predator"

Yeah, the Scimitar is possibly the only good thing to come out of Nemesis. I Must agree with my Romulan friend, the Romulan Warbirds are a beautiful series of Warships. In fact the RSE usually produces a fine line of ships, with the obvious exception of the late 22nd century Flea Drone ships.:wtf:

5. Praetor

We don't talk about those. :shifty:

6. Thor Damar

^ I really cannot blame you. Just like we don't like to talk about our little incident with the Klingons 18 years ago...:shifty:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  7. Praetor

What incident? ;)

8. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

We just don't like to talk about it with arrogant Klingons who are still under the (false) impression that they won.

9. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By far the ugliest ships the Cardassians ever attributed to the Cardassians were the half Cardassian/Kessok ships from Bridge Commander. Every time they appeared I wanted to torpedo my own eyes.

10. Thor Damar

What Kessok Ships? I don't recall anything to do with them:shifty:

11. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

They might. It has also occurred to me that the D'D is one of the few ship designs that could use thrusters to spin the ship around a central point that is not inside the hull, to generate gravity if the artificial system went down.

Personally, I love the design, but I share the lament expressed here about the limited number of designs that other empires seem to get to show.

I like the Galor class, too - but to me, it always looks like it has its aft-end forward. Whereas I would have preferred to see Ferengi Marauders oriented that way, if for no other reason than to make 'em almost the same as the Krellan ships from the old Star Fleet computer game. ;)

12. Praetor

I can't help but wonder if it might also have something to do with the fact that the ship doesn't have visible impulse engines?

I think that was the fault of that big tail disruptor. Had it been detailed differently, or had a more engine-like assembly been put there it might have visually read more like the aft end. Personally, I like it the way it goes but when I used to play with my Micro Machines versions, I distinctly remember turning it the other way to make it a different class on occasion. ;)