Curiosity: What's Inside the Cube?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jim Steele, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

Y'all aware of Fable creator Peter Molyneux's new baby? A "social experiment" rather than a game, in which everyone in the world (or, y'know, everyone who downloads the free app) taps away at a massive virtual cube made of billions of tiny virtual cubes.

At the centre of the cube lays a prize which Molyneux describes as "life changing" - revealed earlier this week to be a "link to a video", the contents of which must be mind blowing indeed. I think it's a film of Molyneux disappearing up his own arse.

It's available on Android and iOS devices:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/06/curiosity-whats-inside-the-cube-available-now-on-ios/

Naturally people have been going on it and taking the piss. Sounds like fun, I'm going to have a go tonight when I get home from work.

Check this out (nsfw):

http://onthecube.tumblr.com/post/35116860259/the-community-write-dude-really-next-to-what

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, I think a company should just come out with it and create Skinner Box: The Game. You play as a rat in a cage and when you pull the lever you (sometimes) get pellets that your rat can pointless eat. Your rat levels up every 100 pellets which does absolutely nothing. Stop with the subtlety -- just go all the way with it. It'll sell billions.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Aren't all MMOs basically this anyway?

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wake me up when there's a game that puts real live money in my bank account. I have a game like that called My 401k but it seems broken lately.

5. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Really? My score keeps going up.