Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I just got all four seasons of Farscape on Blu-ray. :D

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yes, it is. His plan was to get rid of the pc we have next to the TV and make the blu-ray the "media center."

3. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

4. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Sliders season 5 DVD.

Now if Universal would just release SeaQuest season 3, two more of my DVD collections would be finished.

5. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Very nice...i recently went for the normal EVGA 560 superclocked version......very good cards......i would have loved two cards but i don't as yet have access to my own power station. :p

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

He should look into the AppleTV. The only problem with that one is that the ATV maxes out at 720p, and Blu-Ray players go up to 1080. But with certain TV sizes, that doesn't even matter.

7. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

8. auntiehill

My hubby would slit his wrists before buying anything Apple. He's an IT guy and to him, Apple is The Evil Empire. But he's made his purchase and seems happy with it, which is a miracle unto itself. The man never buys anything without making graphs, charts, using a slide rule, and checking every Consumer's Report issue ever published and then rolling a ten-sider.

Hell, this weekend, he needed a belt---ONE belt. I took him to Macy's, Dillard's, Ross, Old Navy, JC Penney's and Sears before he found ONE belt to buy. 6 stores to buy one brown leather belt.

So, if he announces that he wants to buy something, I say "OK."

God help me. :lol:

9. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, the wait is killing me! 6 months to manufacture, then finally it shipped a couple of days ago. I have been tracking it across the USA and then over the Pacific ocean, it arrived in Australia yesterday...where it will stay in a warehouse because today is Australia Day and nobody is working today :brickwall: I can't wait to get my hands on it - I will be posting a review in the TOS forum.

Spot on, but the real culprit here is rent seeking - in Australia we still slap tariffs on clothes, cars and shoes here. Hell, the book publishing industry has total protection from any imports of any title they choose to print themselves. Retailers are barred from selling imported copies, and must pay whatever the monopolist book publisher charges. This of course is far more than the retailer (who is under enough pressure from the likes of amazon) can handle, and so they go out of business in droves while a relative handful of book publishing executives and authors are protected. Of course, any moves to change any of this results in furious lobbying and media misinformation campaigns from the vested interests. The Australian publishing industry has a lot of blood on its hands. At least six bookstores in my neighbourhood have gone out of business over the past year. Told you not to get me started :lol:

10. auntiehill

Got my engagement ring re-sized. It's been over 9 years since I got it, since we our engagement lasted over a year and our 8th anniversary is in March.

I'm glad I got it re-sized. This is the first time I've been able to wear it since last May.

11. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

After long research and reading reviews and comparisons and all that jazz, I finally decided to buy a new camera for myself. My first digital camera, that is. I went for a Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR.
    I did not want a full DSLR, I wanted a bridge camera with good specs and this one ticks all the boxes:

24mm-720mm zoom lens ( :eek: :biggrin: )
    CMOS Sensor 16M
    ISO 100-12800
    RAW Format
    Aperture F2.8 to F11
    Full HD (1080p) Video recording with stereo sound
    Full Manual controls
    HDMI Out
    Sweep Panorama 360 degrees
    Continuous shooting at 8fps

And apparently the best Macro function you can find, being able to take pictures of objects as close as 1cm without distortion.

All this in a compact and stylish package:

[​IMG]

12. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

13. auntiehill

Picked up some cute Merrells at DSW. They were 40 bucks but usually retail at 80 or more (?!). Snatched them up right away. It's very hard to find cute and comfortable orthopedic shoes. Don't usually like back-less shoes, but it's a compromise I am completely willing to make.
    [​IMG]

14. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Nice looking rig you have there.

Bought this for the wife last weekend, it's 37" 1080p LCD. Very nice I must say.
    [​IMG]

15. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Old versus new. Swedish versus British.
    [​IMG]

16. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

^It looks like your original keyboard was attacked by something.

I bought this:
    [​IMG]
    It's a Teclast P76TI Android tablet. I just got it in the mail Saturday. So far it seems really nice (especially for the price).

17. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Yes, four cats. *sigh*

EDIT: Yer getting ICS for that tablet, mate.

18. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Well... these were gifts, but I figure they sort of count.

I just couldn't mask my excitement!...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

A rare treat, oh so good (and light, so that it only has about 11 sugars in it!)

[​IMG]