The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by trekkiebaggio, Oct 5, 2012.

1. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Howard was hitting on her. His knowing perfect Russian is probably as true as him being goth, having an eye patch, etc. I imagine his "Perfect Russian" goes only as far as complimenting pretty women.

2. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

Exactly. I'm sure Howard can hit on women in at least a half-dozen language, plus Klingon and Orcish.

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Is it just me who was a bit irked by how Howie was only used as a comic relief aboard the ISS. What did he do up there?

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

^ They sent him up to fix the toilet he designed.

Howard is according to himself and Leonard a polyglot, if he didn't speak Russian before, he might have learned it when the possibility of going to the ISS presented itself. It would have increased his chances of selection.

:)

5. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

No they didn't. They picked his (teams) design for the deep field telescope to be installed on the station and he was chosen to go up with it.

6. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I assumed it was about that mechanic arm he talked about several seasons ago.

As for the Russian, a lot of people can say several phrases in a foreign language very well when they still can't speak (or even sign) the language(s)

7. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

No, you can read my rant up-thread about how they treated his character on his return.

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it just me or did they leave on the stupid "Fun With Flags" camera effect on one of the cameras? Vertical lines? Found it really distracting.

9. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes! I thought it was a problem with our cable, which had been out for a few hours before the show started.

10. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked Wil Wheaton's house number :lol:

Sheldon is really a douchebag to Amy. I know he's unaware of how people react to his actions, but surely he's picked some stuff up from tv shows at least.

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Sheldon's way too in love with himself to even pick up stuff like that even from his geeky shows/movies.

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Plus, he probably tunes out a lot of the mushy relationship-oriented content ....

13. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sci fi TV shows haven't been exactly rife with successful adult relationships for Sheldon to use as examples.

14. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I actually thought that Amy was terrible and that Sheldon had no obligation to stand up for her in a situation that she created.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Being the cause of the problem and then expecting Sheldon to take her side just because she's his girlfriend is incredibly immature. She was the one who should have been apologizing (to both Sheldon and Wil), not Sheldon.

16. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Because nobody mentioned it yet.

Wil was wearing a The Guild t-shirt promoting a web show about a gamer's guild on the Geek & Sundry channel on YouTube where he also hosts his own web show TableTop.
    I highly recommend both.

The Wolowitz actor incidentally had a cameo in The Guild in an earlier season which made Wil wearing that shirt a bit meta. ;)

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, I did notice that! I can't believe I forgot to mention it. :lol:

18. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, I noticed that but I figured all you nerds didn't need it pointed out.

19. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I do rather like TableTop. Seen a few episodes.

20. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah and a normal boyfriend would have taken her to task for her behaviour in a civil manner.. maybe it would have led to a fight if Amy still insists she's right but you can't avoid all fights.

With Big Bang of course it's being played to comedic effect by making Sheldon totally clueless about applied social interaction (he could talk all day about cultural and social habits but applying it is beyond him).

Penny was pretty evil this episode slipping Sheldon Long island Ice Tea's :lol::techman: And the way Sheldon chugged them down made me cringe and look forward to the next scenes.. Sheldon/Jim Parsons plays a pretty funny drunk.

For a while i even expected it would lead to drunken sex between Sheldon and Amy when he came to her place to apologize.