Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 21, 2013.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

76.7%
  2. Above average

23.3%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Rate and discuss (with spoilers for the episode, but not for forthcoming episodes) "And Now His Watch Is Ended", airing on the 21st April on HBO and on the 22nd April on Sky Atlantic.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7sirXgloi_Q[/yt]

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Stellar ending which I will be rewatching many times until next week.

3. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the ending's probably the most visually impressive thing the show's done yet. Although Dany's far from my favorite character, she does occasionally have her moments of awesomeness. :) The massacre at Craster's didn't QUITE live up to my expectations, felt slightly clunky, but definitely another scene I was looking forward to. The Great Sept of Baelor was a very cool looking new set. Poor Jaime. Not a good season for you, is it! (I guess that goes for Theon as well.) ;)

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Whoa! What a terrific episode! Lots of characters moments and that expected ending!

5. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a feeling Dani wasn't going to take any more of that guy's shit. :lol:

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Fantastic episode. Not just the awesome ending, but all of the other plotlines were great, too, from Margaery's manipulations, Arya's stand against the Hound, and Jamie's continued suffering to Tywin's smackdown on Cersei, Varys' plotting (and revenge!), and Theon's continued torture. The only thing I didn't like was the Old Bear's death, although, if they forget (or simply fail) to burn his body, he might have not seen the last of him...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  7. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

:techman:Dracarys

8. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Excellent. That's how you end an episode. I've watched the ending three times already. Fantastic visuals, fantastic drama, and fantastic music. I figured she'd use the Unsullied against the Master and get her dragon back, but the scene just came together even better than I expected.

9. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I think Dany's a bit of a hypocrite. She didn't have much of a problem with Drogo's brutality or how HE was taking slaves to fund Dany's war for the Iron Throne (yes, she felt bad over the Medicine woman, what about the rest?) but when anyone ELSE does brutal slavery, she's PO'ed over it?

And that Slave Owner was an utter moron to never once think that anyone he sold his slave warriors to might use them against him. Sure, maybe no one ever bought them ALL at once, but you'd think they'd have some kind of failsafe to prevent such a thing.

Do gun store owners give their customers bullets right after they sell them the gun?

10. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not really sure it was wise letting the dragons (Especially the two smaller ones) fly around in a war zone that way. They're not full grown and an arrow could kill one.

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes. :shrug:
    Though some clerks will walk you to the door and not hand you the gun until you're about to leave.

12. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She felt bad for all of them but since she wasn't in charge, all she could do was claim the women and even that only worked because Drogo was in a good mood.
    In fact, the first thing she did after taking charge of what was left of Drogo's Khalessar, was to free all the remaining slaves.
    So, she's definitely not a hypocrite.

13. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Oh, poor Sansa. You smiled this week (albeit before looking about ready to cry) -- that means something extra horrible is coming down the pike.

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Remember meek and shy first season Dany? No?

Me neither :lol::lol:

Damn.. that was cold but utterly brilliant of her (and equally stupid of the slave master). Besides Tyrion she's slowly becoming my favorite character of the show and that's quite something in a vast collection of cool people on the show.

I really like this show and can't wait to see new episodes :techman:

15. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Dany's solution was utterly predictable yet incredibly awesome. Best end scene for ages!

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Ooh, that was a good Thrones episode - the Dany/slavers storyline went *exactly* how I predicted it would last week - I wonder what's Valyrian for "yippee-ki-ay, motherfucker"?

Nice to hear Varys's story from the second book, and his scene with Diana Rigg was great. And Charles Dance fucking rules, as always. (Actually, I'm wondering how they're going to go with who's responsible for Joffrey...)

Mind you, I also notice Rory McCann has totally given up on trying to hide his accent as the Hound! He was very Scottish tonight...

That last scene would have made a fantastic season finale scene - and I hope that music track is going to be on the season 3 soundtrack

17. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Lots of good stuff. Two e questions....read the hooks a while ago....was varys scene with the sorcerer in the present day solution/revenge And grandma tyrell in the books?

18. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm busting out the excellent rating for this one. Hell of an episode. Varys and the Queen of Thorns were screen magic together. The set for the interior of the Sept of Baelor was awesome, as were the exterior shots that made great use of the Croatian locations. The ending was epic - the shots, the FX, the performances, and the music all came together perfectly.

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

not that I recall - his speech is in the second book, but not the boxed wizard...

She's in the books, yeah. Though Diana Rigg is cooler

20. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Oh. Sorry. I remember her being I. The books but not the talk with varys