Project: Potemkin, a Star Trek Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Potemkin_Prod, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Project: Potemkin is please to announce that it will be hosting the Project: Potemkin Film Expo on May 22nd 2012 at the Darton College Theater in Albany, Georgia, from 7:30pm until 10:00pm. Admission is free to everyone.

The following episode and vignettes will be shown:

"The Old Guys" featuring Randall Landers, William Walker, Ricky Thompson, Junius Stone, Stephanie Burke, Eric R. Moore, Bethany Carver. This vignette was directed by J.T. Ealum, with Jeffrey Green acting as the director of photography and cameraman. This film was a proof of concept film developed to see if we could indeed pull off a production filmed on a carport.

"Care for a Lift?" featuring Randall Landers, Ricky Thompson and William Walker. This vignette, directed by Ricky Thompson, was intended to be a test of our second camera and our two-dimensional turbolift set.

Our first full-length episode, "The Void," stars Jeffrey Green, Blaire Erskine, Eric R. Moore, Stephanie Burke, Doug Harper, Bethany Carver, Chris Coleman, Mario Pagan, Trey Cole and Rodriguez Graper. Written by Randall Landers and directed by J.T. Ealum, this is a science-fiction episode in the proud tradition of the original Star Trek series.

"Doctor's Orders," featuring Renda Carr, Doug Harper, Stephanie Burke, with Jeremy Landers and Randall Landers, was directed by Tim Carr and written by David Eversole. This amusing vignette prompted a firestorm of controversy and resulted in divided opinions among its viewers, but we have no regrets. It remains a very popular vignette.

"Delivery," written by David Eversole, stars Jeffrey Green and Stephanie Burke. It was directed by Randall Landers. This vignette has been critically acclaimed as one of our better productions.

And lastly, though not guaranteed, we hope to debut "Miscommunication," which features Stephanie Burke, Richard Thornton, Hannah Ruiz and Thomas Walker. Directed by William Walker and written by David Eversole, this is a wonderful vignette, a tale of first contact between unique aliens and our heroes.

There will be a brief introduction of the series at 8:00pm, and the screenings will start at immediately afterwards and should end around 9:15pm. Following the screenings, audience members will be able to meet the cast and crew of Project: Potemkin in the lobby until 10:00pm.

We hope to see you there!

2. Potemkin_Prod

Just got home from the TrekTrax Atlanta convention. Great experience! Everyone was very nice! Enjoyed meeting Michael Bednar (Farragut), Michael Day (Farragut), Jim Brucke (Lexington), Keith Harris (Lexington), Bryan Holloway (Phase 2), Morgan Gendel (television producer and Star Trek writer), and of course our hosts, including Eric L. Watts.

My special thanks to Chris Coleman, Doug Harper, Renda and Tim Carr, Sara and Bill MacKenzie for making the long Trek up to Atlanta, and for serving on so many panels. Also thanks to Ray Coleman, Chris' dad, for helping out with the Friday evening panel.
    We received just over $100 in donations which will go to the Project: Potemkin Film Expo on May 22nd, which was very kind of folks. We handed out over two dozen DVDs, and hopefully that will do well at helping spread the word about our fan film project.

We also reached out to four other fans who are interested in joining our production in various capacities.

Hopefully, we'll be invited to another convention soon, and even more hopefully, we can get even more people to attend!

Thanks again to everyone (and hope I didn't leave anything or anyone out!).

And don't forget our Film Expo here in Albany on May 22nd!

3. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Soon you will be in every system's database all over the world and noone will be able to resist you. First, you will wipe the government's data security system's memory clean and then world wide web domination will be at your fingertips and your takeover complete. World leaders will have to converge to triangulate your position, Randy, to employ the death ray. You'll have to mobilize your flying pyramid fighters against them.

Only kidding.

4. Potemkin_Prod

Somehow, your humor escapes me.

5. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

xortex'x humor escapes EVERYBODY. :rolleyes:

6. xortex

I found it very funny, and I am everybody.

7. Tribble Herder

Tribble Herder Lieutenant Commander

I'm just glad that this isn't some sort of Star Trek spin on "Battleship Potemkin". That could get tedious very quickly.

8. Potemkin_Prod

Oh, gosh, no. We have an occasional tribute--the shuttlecraft Eisenstein for example, the captain ordering maneuvers such as Odessa 3, Tendra 1, and a Russian captain who's not opposed to drinking vodka instead of Saurian brandy. But as you can tell from our first five productions, we're very much a Star Trek fan film series -- not a send up of a very famous movie.

9. Potemkin_Prod

We're finishing up the VFX and editing for "Miscommunication." We should have this one up soon!

10. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

:):techman::cool:

11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Are these two angles in the same scene?

12. Potemkin_Prod

Yes, they are.

13. Potemkin_Prod

14. xortex

Excellent. Gorgeous. Where's Blair? That dynamic is wonderful. Truly. She's amazing. This is all so 70's cool.

15. Potemkin_Prod

Blaire is in Atlanta these days pursuing her career there. A lot more opportunities in the big city than down here, that's for sure.

We've since added three new cast members (Christin Woods as Ens. T'Noshi, Bill MacKenzie as Lt. Quenton T. Caley, and Hannah Ruiz as Lt. Doreen Spampinato) who share the role of Science Officer in our series.

Caley is on the second row on the right, and T'Noshi is on the bottom row, right.

16. Potemkin_Prod

The Project: Potemkin Film Expo went well. Attendance was a little light (due to their schedule change, we were suddenly up against American Idol with local musician Phillip Phillips competing), but we all had a good time watching the episodes on the big screen.

The very last VFX shot for S01-E "Miscommunication" has been uploaded, and I'm finishing the editing process tonight. Now on to Neal Manning for scoring and Steve Gallant for sound.

S01-F "The Engineer's New Clothes" is well underway with Bill Walker's excellent Engineering room serving in the background. Bob Reed is working on the green screen shots.

S01-G "Archway" -- we shot additional footage earlier this month with Doug Harper. This is going to be a good episode, and the new footage should solve a few problems with the episode. Alex Patrick Merrill is working on the VFX.

S01-H "Devil in the Details" -- Mark Brennan is hard at work on the VFX for this vignette. This one should be a fun one!

S01-2 "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky" -- as the VFX for the vignettes above are completed, the VFX artists will be assigned shots from this upcoming episode. Presently, I'm guestimating it might be 90 mins long. Rick Foxx has done a masterful job of editing it, and we've only a few voiceovers left to record. We got most of them earlier this month.

We're well underway with the shooting for Season 2 with two vignettes in the can, another being shot in June, two in July, two in August, two in September, and then two in October. We're working with half a dozen writers right now, and are very pleased with how it's all turned out.

We've met quite a few talented people at the TrekTrax convention in Atlanta and at our Expo in Albany. This weekend, we'll be represented at Phoenix (AZ) Comicon (Rick Foxx and Alex Merrill) and at Phoenix (AL) Alabama Phoenix Festival (Renda and Tim Carr).

17. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

I'm looking forward to "Miscommunciation" with excitement!

18. Potemkin_Prod

It's going to be really nice. The VFX guys have done a great job with it, and the story is by David Eversole, so it's solid.

19. xortex

Is Neal a Georgian native?

How long was 'the Void'?

Are all the vignettes going to be different lengths too as the episodes are which I think is a good idea now, though the uneveness might be offsetting to some (I hope not) because it breaks with format and expectations somewhat.

'Archway' sounds like a wickedly awesome idea. Did you write it (you devil) or Dave?

Looking forward to the larger opus bigger canvas of 'The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky's'. When do you guesstimate that will be ready to be uploaded?

What was the name of the last vingette?

More serious question. Do you see the webisode series community growing and giving rise to Netflix and Amazon going viral with their series lineups and movies, etc, whatever that means? Is this a viable outgrowth of the industry considering the startup thing with Marc Scott Zicree's 'Space Command' that is gonna put JJ's Trek to shame and the latest direct to video fan film franchises that could see new life on tv or netflix and/or Amazon someday?

20. Potemkin_Prod

Not sure where Neal's from, sorry.

"The Void" is 33 mins.

Vignettes vary in length, depending on the script. We're pleased with our flexibility.

"Archway" was written by me.

I'm not sure how long it will take to do the VFX for "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky." I'm guessing that with all six VFX artists on it, it MAY be ready for Christmas, but I'm not promising anything these days for release dates.

The latest two vignettes produced (for the second season) are "Duty Bound" (written by David Eversole) and "Darkness" (which I wrote). "Second Contact" (written by Dave) will be shot in June. We've got plenty of shoots for this summer, with scripts from four different writers.

I have no idea about NETFLIX nor AMAZON. We're enjoying producing these short vignettes and lengthier episodes for our fellow fans to view on-line, via VIMEO and YOU TUBE or our site or even conventions (we're represented at two this weekend).

I've no intention nor aspirations nor delusions of grandeur for our productions. We're having fun, our viewers seem to enjoy what we're doing, and that's all that matters.