Renders of my USS DEFIANT NCC-1764

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Soran77, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

Crits welcome :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Very nice! If CG animation had existed back in the time of TAS, this could easily have served as a model for the Connie class. :)

3. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

I like how you added FJ-style phasers to the saucer-section's topside, and to the underside of the shuttlecraft hangar area, as well as visible torpedo tubes to the saucer's underside. Interesting how you added TMP-style vents to the aft-outer-edge of the nacelle pylons.

What are you using to produce these images?

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Quite pretty. A friendly look.

5. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

Yeah, I am really happy with the result! Thanks :)

Thank you! I think so too!

Yeah, I wanted those to kinda point out where the weapon pods actually are. And the Torp tubes were something I had seen on another model from quite a long time ago.
    Yes, since the defiant was such a later build than the enterprise I wanted it to have a few pre TMP elements. Figuring that Starfleet would use some newer technology even on older designs.

I used Sketchup with the maxwell fire standalone plugin

6. Go-Captain

Go-Captain Captain Captain

I like this, I would even like seeing it as the regular model in a show. I like the torpedo tubes, phaser banks, and warp engine details, as well as the large hatches.

At the risk of being a nitpicker, I see a black square on the starboard side, near the base of the neck.

The Enterprise and her enemies always seemed to attack head on, more like fighters, yet my inclination would be to have more weapons in a more even distribution. Splitting the side banks so they have one top, and one bottom might look cool, and would achieve more complete coverage while keeping bow power highest. On the other hand, lining all six phasers in a row ahead of the bridge would be cool, like a battleship superfiring arrangement. Also, a torpedo tube could be put to either side of the impulse engines. Okay, I'm done daydreaming. :)

7. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

Yes, that is a viewport that didn't render properly. The black square. what are you on about with the phaser banks? lol what I think you mean in your first suggestion was have three banks on the upper and lower saucer right? Well I didn't do it that way because believe me or not I originally had them arranged like that and it was horrid looking, it looked too unbalanced. And for your suggestion of linking all six in front of the bridge, well it might be cool, But the registry Number and Ship name would be obscured. But thank you for the suggestions and compliments! :) :techman: