Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

In the view from the back where we see the red spider logo.. I don't like it. The parallel set of long hind legs isn't making a lot of sense to me.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping for some images of Lizard soon. Seems like they're filming stunt scenes right now. Have to admit that it was pretty sweet seeing Spidey swing!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok, now THAT is pretty freakin cool. Love seeing an actual guy swinging around and duplicating Spidey's signature moves.

Here's hoping these aren't just "reference" shots for later, when he gets turned into a rubbery, all-CGI cartoon character again...

5. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

Oh, I had no idea the word was out on main villain! Had to wait for a reboot to get what we wanted..

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I honestly cannot say I feel good about this movie and nothing so far is impressing me. I just feel like it's being pooped out so that Sony can retain the rights to keep the movie rights to the Spider-man franchise. That hardly strikes me as the best motivation to put out a quality product.

7. Admiral_Young

^Fair enough. If Sony really wanted to produce a shit all product then why bother hiring Marc Webb? They retained James Vanderbilt who was going to write Spider-Man 4. They could have cast way lesser quality actors than they have.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

^I think you have to go through Comingsoon's main page instead.

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm (pleasantly) shocked to see them doing that with practical effects.

11. Trekker4747

They have pills for that now.

Well, true. Sony is probably trying to make a quality product I'm just not confident in how motivated they are to do so. They know that a)they have to produce a movie every couple years to retain the rights. B)so long as the movie isn't terrible (and not even S-M3 terrible, more like Superman 3 terrible) people will pay to see it.

What drive do they have to put out good product? Wolverine was phoned in (for the same reasons, they have to put out something to keep the rights to the X-Men franchise) and pretty universally disliked but they're still puhsing on with that franchise.

Sort of like EA and having the NFL rights. They're not motivated to produce a great Madden/NFL game because they're the only game in town. What incentive do they have to put out quality product? Especially if people will buy it no matter what.

Sony may be trying here but I feel they're only doing it to keep the bankable rights to Spider-man and so long as they don't go terrible people will keep seeing it.

The Rami movies were... okay, excluding the abysmal #3 but considering how Marvel was able to make the otherwise forgetable Iron-Man an interesting movie I'd be curious to see what Marvel would do with one of their more key properties, Spider-man, in a movie if they had control again.

Chances are good I'll go see this Spider-man movie but so far nothing I'm seeing is impressing me or filling me with confidence and I don't entirely trust a studio that's likely only making a movie for the sake of being able to keep making them. (Rather than having more creative or artistic motivations.)

12. Admiral_Young

What drive do they want to have to make a quality product? Money. I'm willing to give this a chance. What I have seen and read right so far makes me think this will be a good movie. I will find out if it actually is next summer :)

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

These two are my favorite due to their likeness to classic Spidey swing poses.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really excited for this. One of the key reasons why is that it's clear they're making a conscious effort to give us a different feel than Raimi, which I like... because honestly after the first Raimi film I wasn't feeling it.

15. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

^Really? I thought the second one was the best myself.

16. Admiral_Young

The first one was okay...the second film was the strongest of the three, while everyone knows the third one sucked. I too like the fact that they're making a conscience decision to make a clean separation from the first trilogy. I was really against this whole reboot thing at the start but as production has started and progresses I've come around to at least giving it a chance and being partially excited about the film.

17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

It's not really fair to compare this product with Wolverine, for the simple reason that Sony are making this movie whereas Fox made Wolverine. Sony certainly fucked up with Spidey 3 and with the proposed Raimi Spider-man 4. But Fox are notorious for fucking up their superhero movies (though they seem to have wised up with X-Men First Class), from their interference with the first X-Men movie, to their insistence that X Men 3 be the final movie (because trilogies were trendy) to their second-guessing of Gavin Hood during the making of Wolverine.

18. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The movies made by the Marvel studio itself (The Iron Man films, the new Hulk, then coming Thor and Cap films) don't have this kind of interference (aside from using SHIELD as an arc plot in all films), too bad Sony won't let the rights go back to them.

19. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Iron Man 2 was a pretty shitty incoherent mess of a film so I'm not sure how great of an argument that is...

20. Trekker4747

Iron-Man 2 was bogged down by the Avengers bullshit but the first movie is fairly universally liked and Hulk wasn't necessarily great it was mostly liked and considered better than the original. Remains to be seen how Thor or Captain America are received.

Still, I'd trust Marvel more with their own property more than a company sticking it out there just to keep control of it.