whole seasons of Farscape on netflix instant watch now

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by watermelony2k, Nov 26, 2009.

1. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

just noticed it, cool! I've always wanted to try out this series.

2. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes. Already on episode three, season one.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

How's the picture quality? Is it comparable to the DVDs?

I ask because a friend has Watch Instantly, and it presented Red Dwarf with picture quality that was worse than a youtube clip.

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The picture quality depends on your internet connection.

I'm soooo excited about this.

5. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From what I remember of Red Dward, it always had the quality of a youtube clip. Most everything I watch instantly is pretty good with one significant exception, which is that if I get interrupted, then for some time after resuming the picture has that herky-jerky computer download spazziness.

Since I get interrupted a lot when at the computer, I miminize instant watch. But, turnaround on the Netflix is several days because I don't live in a metropolitan area. So I have to balance inconveniences. I think for Farscape I'll go with the instant watch.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Red Dwarf never looked great, but my friend had the aid of a DVD to compare the Netflix image to, and it wasn't even close. But it sounds like Farscape looks allright, so good news.

7. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've actually had pretty decent picture quality running Netflix over a device like an X-Box360 instead of using my computer. Maybe my computer's just getting old and crappy, but the pic quality when I stream it over my xbox is loads better. I've been going through Farscape too hehe... I was ready to post something about it too when I saw this. I wonder how PS3's netflix streaming quality is compared to xbox?

I think they looked better than the broadcast that used to get syndicated here for a while, plus no annoying ass commercials. Netflix subscription is almost worth it just for Farscape! LOL. I remember how annoyingly expensive the dvds for it used to be.

8. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Streaming over the PS3 has been quite satisfactory, as far as picture quality goes. I can't really compare it to the XBox, since my exposure to that feature is limited (I've only seen it a couple of times at a friend's place) but I have absolutely no complaints about picture quality on the PS3.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

For a few months now I've been doing the instant watch first on my laptop PC, and now on my PS3. For me both have had really good picture quality, most of it has been pretty close to what I get on DVDs. I watched the first couple episodes of Red Dwarf, the first on the laptop and the second on my PS3, and both were about equal to what I get when I watch a show from that era on my baisic cable analog TV. It was the first time I'd ever seen the shown, and I thought it was really funny (I watched it with my mom and she enjoyed it to). The only problem I've run into is that my internet connection tends to randomly cut out, so it has taken me a couple (or 3 for Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian) to finish some of the stuff.
    As for Farscape, I've watched the first couple season 2 eps (I bought season 1 on ITunes before I got Netflix) and I must admit I forgot just how great the show really was.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Just watched the first episode, looked great, i really enjoyed it.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Agreed.

At worst, it's like watching a regular TV broadcast.

12. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think even better than broadcast... no commercials, no annoying crawls in the corners or bottom or sides, no stupid animated characters running around the bottom of the screen advertising some other show...

I am really in love with Netflix streaming. The library is pretty big, granted not EVERYTHING is on it, but when you can get entire seasons of stuff like Farscape streamed anytime you want that's just pure and utter win.

Been a couple of years since my local independent station aired Farscape, so its fun to be able to go through the episodes again. It really was a good show, I remember when I used to be in Federation Intelligence, the guy who ran it was an American who moved to Sydney (married an Aussie) and they used to brag about how awesome Farscape was compared to Trek. And how the cast and crew were sooo much more down to earth and respected the fans more than any Trek cast. They used to have annual picnics with local fans on the film lot.

I think Farscape is one of the few very Australian made shows that did as well pretty much everywhere. And how some parts of it have made its way into the lexicon. I utter Frell quite often LOL

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, I was just talking strictly of picture quality. Honestly, most of them look just like I'm watching a DVD, but some are a little less good.

Lately, I've been having problem with audio and video not syncing up. It's weird.

It is pretty awesome. I'm a little confused about why certain things are available for streaming while others aren't, especially within the same series. (EX: I wanted to watch The Matrix the other day, but only the sequels are available instantly).

14. Brikar99

That is a little strange.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I like when they have a 13 episode season and all the episodes but episode 4 or something was for viewing. All I could think is some stupid legal issue.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I noticed that when I was looking at "Dead Like Me." It's really annoying.

17. Brikar99

Music rights, maybe? I know that often holds up DVD releases.