Tuvoks Hair... ridiculous

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by StarTrekSlut, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Righty-ho, guv'nor.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Going on seven years now, nothins twixed my nethers not run on batteries.

3. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, God! I can't know that!

4. teacake

Well YOU couldn't buy an invite with a diamond the size of a testicle..

5. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

This must be what going mad feels like.

6. teacake

Some terrifying space monkeys have gotten loose.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Testicles come in so many flavours, I mean sizes.

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Talk about hard to get! :p

9. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I've seen TNG nearly in its entirety and VOY I have watched in its entirety a couple times over now. I am still on Season 1 of DS9 and they have not really featured any Vulcans yet, so I can't really reference any Vulcans from the show, but as of now Tuvok has to be my favorite Vulcan so far. He is logical, as Vulcans of course are. He is a good advisor, tactical officer, and security officer to Janeway. He has the ability to be funny without meaning to be. He is witty, cunning, intelligent, and not bad looking for a 100+ year old Vulcan. What is the issue? That he isn't a spitting image of Spock?

Just like humans come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and looks...why can't Vulcans? I see no reason why Vulcan physiology cannot be as diverse as humans are.

Just found this in the Memory Alpha on Vulcan phisiology:

Genetically, Vulcans and Humans were similar enough that they could produce offspring without any problems. (ENT: "Terra Prime")
    Externally, Vulcans were generally similar to Humans, the chief exceptions being the Vulcans' notably arched and up-swept eyebrows and distinguished external ear structure, the top of which tapered into a clearly defined point.

Most Vulcans had straight, glossy dark brown or, more commonly, black hair and pale skin with a very subtle greenish tinge, much as the skin of Humans of European descent had a very subtle reddish or pinkish tinge. However, some Vulcans, including Tuvok, had brown skin, tightly coiled black hair, and physiognomic features similar to those found in Humans of African descent.

Others shared physiognomic features similar to those found in Humans of East Asian descent. However, most Vulcans had a vaguely Eurasian appearance. (Star Trek: The Original Series; Star Trek III: The Search for Spock; Star Trek: Voyager).

10. teacake

Wrong, they all taste like chicken. Kind of off chicken.

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

See? With morbid thinking like that I know you buy into my Janeway castrating Chakotay after Caretaker theory!

12. teacake

I prefer the term gelded.

13. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, the silver suit caused glare in the camera due to the studio lighting. It was the Borg suit that was too tight and restricted her breathing.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Bollocks!

15. teacake

shh.. we've put monty python in the cupboard with hitler.

16. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Best Spock haircut ever belongs to Dwayne Dibbley.

17. StarTrekSlut

StarTrekSlut Lieutenant Junior Grade

Captain kathryn, I know this is going to sound mean when i say this but:

WHY THE BLOODY HELL WOULD YOU WATCH TNG and THEN VOYAGER???

Even in real time, DS9 Comes AFTER TNG.. Voyager is an afterthought.. You've screwed up your palate (like drinking too much Synthol)

DS9 is the culmination of the stellar maturity and story writing that CAME from TNG...

This is Star Trek 101 luv. None of my rants (or anyones rants for that matter) will be in context if you are doing things bass ackwards!

id say "crikey" but someone would slap me down for not using more american slang.. So i'll go with "Oh Schnap!"

-crim

18. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I didn't say I watched TNG and then Voyager. I watched Voyager for the first time because 1) I grew up in the 90s and 2) I had a boyfriend when I was a senior in high school who was a self-entitled trekkie and at that time I was not a Star Trek fan. He thought, at the time, that he could get me into Star Trek by introducing me to Voyager. I wasn't aware of anything to do with Star Trek at the time. We watched a few episodes of Voyager when I was like 18 years old while we dated, me not even knowing anything about Star Trek. So in essence, it was an accident. Really not my fault.

I watched TNG afterwards because I heard from heresay that it was supposedly the "best Trek series" and then rewatched Voyager when I joined Netflix later on because I remembered from a while ago that I had enjoyed it the first time I watched it. I am now fully aware of the storyline that connects TOS to TNG to DS9 and finally to VOY. There is such a thing known as research and the internet where you can find out information... I do realize I am watching them out of order (which occurred by accident) but I did enough research that I am pretty sure I get it...

It's really nobody's business what order I watch it in. I'm pretty sure my brain can handle putting the pieces together once I have watched them all... -_-

And...WTF...Trek purity? Are you the Adolf Hitler of Star Trek and Voyager is a Jew?

One more thing...I couldn't possibly give less of a :censored: that you think Tuvok looks more black than Vulcan. Get over it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You sound like Roe vs Wade.

Imagine if Stormtroopers were knocking doors down to make sure that we all watched TV in the right order. If we had to have papers to ascribe and testify to our lawful viewing patterns... And that you could be locked up without a key if you were to breack with covenant.

Oh.

I forgot.

That's what's happened to torrents in the last 5 years.

20. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

And that we were watching only The Clone Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.