Treklit Wish List

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Enterpriserules, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Leto_II

Leto_II Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In the podcast, their top two picks were basically my own top two picks: More TOS movie-era stories, and more Mirror Universe (picking up from the last cliffhanger in David's novel with the Dominion).

Their sub-era picks in the first category are also exactly in line with my own: the time period immediately following The Motion Picture, and post-The Voyage Home/pre-Undiscovered Country.

Quite excited we're finally going to be getting a new movie-era novel this fall, but also depressed to think that the last one was released way back in the spring of 2010 (Unspoken Truth, not counting James Swallow's Cast No Shadow in 2011, which was really more Lost Era than "true" TOS movie-period).

2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

This.

If she's still interested, giving D.C. Fontana the chance to write that Secret of Vulcan Fury novelization.

If New Frontier is to be no more, then one final novel to "wrap it up" and resolve the cliffhanger from Blind Man's Bluff. That can't be how it ends...

An un-cancellation of the Crucible omnibus, with all the extra content.

Bring back KRAD, and Andy Mangels.

Oh, and did I mention:

3. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Well not counting what is (presumably) on schedule or in talks, here are my top wishes:

Deep Space Nine storylines between The Soul Key and Rough Beasts of Empire (Illiana Ghemor, the Ascendants, the halt to exploration of the Gamma Quadrant, etc)
    Restart the Corps of Engineers, Klingon Empire, and Myriad Universes series
    More Enterprise-C stories
    World War III (How did the Eastern Coalition come about? What years did it really take place/progressively escalate?)
    The lead ship of the pre-Federation Earth Daedalus class
    The prime reality's Kelvin in the 2220s/2230s and Robert April's years commanding the Enterprise (I'd like to see the Battle of Donatu V and Battle of Axanar properly explained)
    A Romulan version of I.K.S. Gorkon/Klingon Empire
    Official Federation first contact with the Betazoids, Takarans, and Na'kuhl
    Updates on Charvanek, Uhura, Chekov, McCoy, and Scotty
    Stuff by KRAD.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

If I had my wish, the current line up (which I'm quite happy with) would be supplemented by:
    -TOS movie era books (I'm excited for Greg's new book)
    -TOS second 5YM stories continuing on from Christopher's various stories
    -Lost Era books featuring the Enterprise-B and Demora Sulu
    -Hikaru Sulu stories on the Excelsior and on any other ships
    -KRAD's return to prominence (with some Klingon Empire stories in tow)
    -multiple VOY-R books a year
    -DEEP SPACE NINE
    -more William Leisner

that's it...for now :)

5. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Did you catch - I posted in the Shore Leave thread that Peter David confirmed he is indeed working on another NF novel. (Whether it's the end or not, he didn't say, but at least it won't end there.)

Good call on the Crucible omnibus, too.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My picks:
    *Exploration of some of the lesser seen parts of Starfleet/The Federation, with my top picks being Starfleet Medical, Starfleet Intelligence, and The Federation Diplomatic Corps.
    *Return of KRAD and Andy Mangels
    *More Myriad Universes
    *DS9 Ascendants Storyline
    *More TOS movie era, hopefully Foul Deeds Will Rise will be the beginning of a trend
    *Some TV series era stories for DS9, TNG, and Voy. I would love to see what authors like David Mack, Dayton Ward, Christopher L. Bennett and James Swallow would do with the TV era casts.

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Ah, no I didn't, I don't think I've been in that thread. That's good news, thanks for letting me know!

8. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

The DS9 Three Year Gap.
    A general slowdown in the 24th Century stories in terms of how quickly the years go. 2377 lasted for years, 2382 was barely here a fortnight.
    Some one-shot stories using the 24th century crews at present. (Or backfill. What was the Enterprise doing between Losing the Peace and Paths of Disharmony. There's about 12 months there.)
    Get Alan Gratz to do a prime timeline book.

9. Paris

Agreed. Why not go back a bit. Titan even had a 3 year gap :(

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

A couple of people did say in the Shore Leave thread that they are going to be slowing things down some now.

11. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

One of him is more than enough.

12. Paris

I was just looking at my shelves and I spotted my copies of the Mirror Universe short novel collections, as well as the Myriad Universe collections. It made me want to see something like this again, but this time with tales from each of the various featured 24th century crews.

Stories from the perspective of the Aventine, Robinson, Enterprise, Defiant, Titan, Voyager (maybe in the mid 2380's, by Kirsten, giving a small glimpse of some things to come in the future from where her current storyline is), and maybe even the SCE ships, Vaughan's USS James T. Kirk pre-Destiny, or even ships from the Full Circle fleet. Maybe even ships like Warspite and Lionheart. There are tons of choices :). It would be a great way to feature a bunch of our favourite writers as well. 12 mmpb's a year, split between three different eras, with various series in two of those eras, isn't that many slots.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

How Voyager got home the first time. Maybe just because I want to read Chakotay's death.

More Myriad Universes stories.

14. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Does anyone here want to see Sisko stay on the Robinson? Too me that is too many ship-based books. I feel is character is much better served on DS9 and moved to admiral.

15. Paris

^I would. We've only got a glimpse of the crew/ship at this point. It would be nice if DS9 was a series that not only explored life on the station, but life on the ships attached to DS9 (and it's sphere of influence). Sisko was excited to explore. Kasidy and Rebecca moved to the ship as well.

Why Admiral? It seems as though he doesn't want to be on DS9. He doesn't really seem to fit there anymore. Do you want to see him doing what Riker is doing?..or maybe Janeway, by leading a small group of ships into the GQ to explore?

16. Enterpriserules

^ I think he showed the aptitude during the Dominion War of "big picture thinking". I think the character and the DS9 series are better served with him on DS9. I have never felt that he fits as a starship captain, he's much more suited to a station and I think at this point being an admiral. Just mho

17. Paris

Fair enough. But without a war right now, I think he's better suited out there. I think it makes for better usage of his talents. Lkewise, MHO :)

18. Enterpriserules

I get what you are saying. I think I just miss him on DS9 and that series of books, to me, something is just not the same with him on the Robinson. Also, I just would rather not have to learn a whole new crew. A lot of this is emotional reasoning, but hey, that's why we read Trek books, we're invested!

19. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

This is probably along more in the category of 'ain't never gonna happen', but one might as well go big, as they say; my big wish for Treklit would be to see the two novels that AC Crispin wrote as sequels to Yesterday's Son and Time For Yesterday. I cannot find the information now, but I know I read somewhere that she was contracted for two more books and if my (admittedly questionable) memory serves, I read she had finished them. I think she said that the then current Star Trek editor decided to go another direction at that time. The two existing books are at the top of my list of Star Trek favorites and I just finished rereading the pair. I would absolutely :drool:love:drool: to read the other two that were never published.

20. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My wish list:

• The DS9 Ascendants Storyline
    • An Enterprise book that builds on the events of Season Three. Lots there that could be brought up again.
    • More Rise of the Federation
    • Another Excelsior Book
    • More of Christopher's 'Ex Machina' time period
    • More Enterprise-A era. Especially leading up to The Undiscovered Country.
    • Going back a bit in TNG from the Typhon Pact era.
    • Going back a bit in Titan from the Typhon Pact era.
    • DS9 during Destiny
    • More of Kirsten's Voyager brilliance
    Oh, and also the DS9 Ascendants Storyline.