Pets with Star Trek names...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by T'Laina, Jun 19, 2011.

1. zar

zar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. heavylids

heavylids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have four animals currently. Two dogs and two rats. I would like to get two more rats in the near future and I already decided to name them Ezri and Nerys.

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I made my mother name one of her two cats Spot after Data's feline friend.

4. MagGu

MagGu Lieutenant Red Shirt

I don't have any Trek named pets. However a few years ago, my family had dogs who were named Spike and Riley..My friends accused me of naming them after Buffy characters...but I really didn't! I named Spike in 1994, before Buffy, and Riley was named by my dad who didn't even watch Buffy. But still, nobody believed me!

5. nascartrekkie

nascartrekkie Ensign Newbie

I have a year old dachshund named kaplah. I changed the spelling because non-trek people couldn't pronounce it spelled in klingon.

6. MHT1138

MHT1138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well there are the Marauder Mo Ferengi action figures,

7. heavylids

heavylids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That is so awesome! I have two dachshunds, neither named after Trek characters. I did have a hampster when I was about 9 years old named Martok. He was the shit.

8. Gregzula813

Gregzula813 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have an Orange tabby cat named Neelix. Ironically my dad also had an orange cat named Spock.. Any future pets will be named after sci fi characters also..

9. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

I once had a guinea pig named 'Q' and then his successor I named 'Q2' We also found a stray dog that we temporarily dubbed as "Spock"

10. Theodore Jay Miller

Theodore Jay Miller Commodore Newbie

I saw a dog today which should have a Star Trek name: Lokai. He was mostly white, but with a black patch on his head, so his face was evenly divided white on the right side and black on the left side.

11. Jptrekker

Jptrekker Captain Captain

I used to have a cat named spot. When I adopted her from a box of kittens, the other students with me insisted that I give her a Star Trek name, and then I think they were dissapointed when I said spot.

Spot freaked out my then-new wife one evening by playing with her food, a mouse, in our dining room, hey-that's what cats do. another time she presented us with a dead squirrel in exchange for the food we provided her.

spot was a great kitty, and then one day she dissappeared, we figure she was either cat-napped or she ate a poisoned mouse.