"H+ The Digital Series" produced by Bryan Singer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jefferiestubes8, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

"H+ The Digital Series"
    writer/creator John Cabrera, director Stewart Hendler and producer Jason Taylor
    description:
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HplusDigitalSeries

Pretty good production values

New episodes every Wednesday at 12 PM PST.
    already there are over 30,000 subscribers.

slice of scifi did a review here.
    also a poster & 2:35 length video trailer (HD) at the link.
    Distribution by Warner Brothers Digital Distribution.

io9 did an article yesterday about it called :An Exclusive Look at How Bryan Singer’s H+ is Reimagining Transhumanism

screenrant
    Facebook: HplusTheDigitalSeries
    Twitter: @hplusdigital

this is the cool kind of subscription-based sci-fi series that the next bigger budget sci-fi could do that would see how many people actually sign up for a subscription at least in the US.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Took me about a minute to get bored of the first episode. One faux news story after another? A couple maybe just to set the stage, but it went on too long. My interest in any story hinges on whether or not I like at least one of the main characters and they took too long getting to any characters. Pass.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the first couple episodes last week, and liked them. Nothing mind blowing, but I enjoyed them enough that I'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

4. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

We at the "Posthuman" series were a little bummed out when we read some of the story details.

Our series deals with exactly the same subject matter...though a little more subtly and low budgety.

*shrug* What're you gonna' do...

5. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Looks interesting.

6. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gave me a headache. I don't have a problem with shaky cam etc when it is used well, but this thing is all over the place.

So many fast cuts and sudden movements. I suppose it is meant to give it a sense of urgency, and possibly mask the average effects and otherwise unimaginative camerawork, but it is much too distracting and busy.

Bad acting in many cases as well, I have seen better in cheapo fan films and Asylum movies.

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Love the series so far, I really like the way they are pushing the production boundaries on a comparatively small budget that still looks like a glossy network series. I'd love to see more series that explore the very real changes happening with us in the next 20-30 years (even the negative ones), and this is a step in the right direction. Much more refreshing than, let's say...a retro 50s series with rocketships, etc.

RAMA

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked it, but after episode 14 or so the show just felt like it was wondering off.

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Its interesting how the non-linear nature of the storytelling and it's originating broadcast nature on the web can make for creative viewing...the creator-writer encourages people to watch they show how they want, make a playlist using the playlist feature and you can watch the episodes based on time, location, etc based on the map from the show website. I downloaded (yes this is allowed) the series and basically watched the first 22 episodes in a row. I watch all TV like this now since a stream everything...

For various reasons, this is one of the most important SF shows ever to air, I'm happy I'm along for the ride, and people should definitely be watching it over the cable fluff.

RAMA

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crap, I completely forgot about this after I watched the first episode.