The Eye of the Beholder vs. Mudd's Passion

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Botany Bay, Mar 20, 2011.

?

Which episode is best?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2011.
  1. The Eye of the Beholder

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. Mudd's Passion

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

How are you picking the matchups?

I haven’t seen Beholder in a long time. I think I’ll watch it and vote before turning in for the night.

3. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, that was quite an enjoyable episode. I give it the win over Mudd’s Passion, which has its joys, but turns me off with its assassination of Chapel’s character.

Beholder has its own out-of-character moment when Kirk says, “The Captain of a ship, no matter his rank, must follow the book!” It’s in keeping with TAS sensibilities, but it’s a really weird thing to hear coming out of Kirk’s mouth.

4. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Eye of the Beholder for me. Also, Alan Dean Foster's adaptation of TAS has a fun extension of EotB. The help the aliens on a quest for an addition to their zoo. It is a fun tale and adds a rather cool new alien race that I enjoyed quite a lot.

5. KeepOnTrekking

KeepOnTrekking Commodore Commodore

"The Eye of the Beholder" wins for me also. I've never been a big fan of Harry Mudd.

6. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

"Eye of the Beholder" definitely get's my vote, if only because "Mudd's Passion" is utterly eye rolling throughout, though it does scare up a laugh or two. And I agree with captrek, they threw Chapel under the bus in this episode.

7. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Gave every episode a number according to its production order, generated x random numbers, and put each episode up against the one it fell next to.

We did the same thing with TOS once in here. It generated lots of great discussions about episodes people sometimes overlook, and there were plenty of surprising results along the way.

Hopefully these threads get people to watch their old TAS DVD's again, or check it out for the first time. :techman: