Xmen first class, Captain America, Thor or Green Lantern in 2011

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1bulma1, Dec 12, 2010.

1. 1bulma1

1bulma1 Lieutenant Commander

okay no trek film next yr...................we will have to wait till 2012........................sigh

However if we trekkies have to choose between this four superhero films which one will you go for,All this films are comming out during the summer of 2011

pls rank them based on your opinon,

I am a die hard x fan but FOX has destroyed the X franchise , I was going to chose GL

but gosh the trailer was so bad it made ryan reynolds look like shit

so I will go with

1 thor
    2 xmen
    3 captain america
    4 GL

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

This will end up in Sci-Fi & Fantasy. Not ST related.

3. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

what? we have to pick one? I want to watch all of them

:(

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I'm most interested in THOR and GREEN LANTERN, but will surely check out THE GREEN HORNET as well.

5. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I am not going to pick just one...I will see all of them. :)

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Right you are.

1bulma1, when you start a new thread, you'll want to be sure that you post it in a forum which fits the topic. In this case, the Science Fiction & Fantasy forum would have been the place, so I'll send this over for you now. Hold onto your drinks, everyone...

7. I'm not all that enthused about any of them... however, I'll probably give the closest look to Captain America. Seems the most likely out of them to be something unique since it seems to be a period piece.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm excited for all four of them but if I were to rank my interest it would be thus...

1. Green Lantern
    2. Thor
    3. X-Men:First Class
    4. Captain America: First Avenger

9. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

X-Men: First Class, without a doubt.

10. BDJ

BDJ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm excited about GL for sure, but after I saw the new Thor trailer I might be changing my tune! I wish to see them all with the X movie my last choice if I had to pick so here are my choices...

1. GL and Thor
    3. Captain America
    4. X men
    29. Green Hornet

Jus' Sayin'!

11. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finances permitting, you can be sure I'll be seeing all of these movies. :) But my top pick is GL -- and like Greg Cox, I'm looking forward to GREEN HORNET, too. It looks like a real hoot.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going to see all 4 the OP mentioned. My level of enthusiasm as of now is:
    1. Thor
    2. Captain America
    3. X-Men:FC
    4. Green Lantern

I'll be watching Green Hornet in January as well.
    Not to mention Cowboys & Aliens with Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. That one trailer looked way better than the GL one sadly. I know nothing of C&A yet it looks good. GL I know well and was let down by VanWilder protector of Sector 2814. :(

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Green Lantern is the only one of those four that I give a flying fuck about.

14. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll watch them all, but Xmen FC is what I'm most pumped up for.

15. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor intrigues me the most. I'm glad Captain America is a period movie. Green Lantern looks pretty fun in an Iron Man kind of way. X-Men FC has yet to win me over, but it being set in the 60s is a good start.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor, GL and Captain America certainly.
    I don't much care about X-Men right now. I'll see if the trailers get me into it.

17. The Fatman

The Fatman Captain Captain

I am actively NOT interested in Green Lantern. I was reticent based on the casting alone (Ryan Reynolds is not Hal Jordan. Maybe Guy Gardner, but NOT Hal) , and then I was made even more so based on the promo shots of the costume. Seeing it in action in the trailer, I will most likely not bother seeing it at all. I love the universe and the characters too much to go and just be angered by the film.

XMen: FC, I have to see more before I can form an opinion. I don't feel the universe needed to be revistited again so soon after the last two movies were so bad, but I like Matthew Vaughn, and some of the leaked shots look interesting... so... wait and see.

Thor and Captain America both look interesting. I am going to give Thor the nod over Cap, though, since I have seen the trailer and think it looks VERY good. I need to see more of Chris Evans as Steve before I can get fully excited.

Long story short:
    1) Thor
    2) Captain America
    3) X-Men: First Class
    4 (Will Not See)) Green Lantern

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  18. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Right now...

THOR - This is the only one that hasn't set off any bells for me.

GREEN LANTERN - Parts of the trailer look pretty awesome and then parts of it have Ryan Reynolds talking. This guy is pretty far from Hal.

X-MEN FIRST CLASS - Other than the fact that it exists, I don't really know anything about this flick. So I'm in wait and see mode. I REALLY wish they had chunked the whole previous 4 film continuity and started over with something a little less black leather-y.

CAPTAIN AMERICA - I want to be excited about a Cap movie, but so far nothing outside of casting Chris Evans has hit any positive notes.

All ythat being said, I'll probably end up seeing all of them.

19. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Most interested in Thor. Then Captain America. I will likely see them all, though.