NuTrek lit?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Jiraiya, Jul 1, 2009.

1. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

This is true, but I had other credentials coming into the process. First, by the time I got the go-ahead to write my first solo work of Star Trek fiction, I had 10 years of professional experience as an editor and as a freelance writer of nonfiction articles for magazines and newspapers; I had co-written two produced episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine; I had spent six years working as a freelance slush reader and uncredited reference-material writer for Pocket Books; and I had worked on a number of Star Trek CD-ROM and computer games. My ratio of Star Trek-specific experience to general writing experience was about 1:1.

Also, my résumé tends to be the exception rather than the rule in these matters... :D

2. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Fair enough :)

And I am, of course, eagerly awaiting The Calling. Though, speaking of which, I think this is a long shot but do you have any idea if they're planning an eBook version? Amazon doesn't list one yet.

(Sorry for running off-topic...)

3. David Mack

^ No idea whether there will be an eBook version of The Calling. I certainly hope so, as every sale is precious with an original. If you enjoy it, please consider giving new copies as gifts... :D

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm certainly going to read it, and I'll probably be recommending to my family and any coworkers who see it.

5. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

For the record, Amazon just listed a Kindle version for pre-order as well. Which is outstanding. I can't wait to read it.

6. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to read it. I read the first chapter you provided...somewhere..and I must find out if
    that poor child
    ends up okay. :)

7. Amy Sisson

Amy Sisson Writer Captain

No spoilers here, I promise.... but I read The Calling on the plane home from Shore Leave yesterday, and it is well worth reading. I really enjoyed the hell out of it.

8. David Mack

^ Thanks, Amy! Glad to hear you dug it. :)

9. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not sure if that specific spoiler is mentioned there again since I don't read excerpts anymore, but David also has excerpts from chapters 2 & 3 on his website.

10. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Oooh. Thank you. I shall read them. :)

11. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is The Calling good enough to become a movie? :D

12. David Mack

^ One can only hope Hollywood studio execs will think so...