*Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cassy4, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh no, am I so predictable? Don't answer that. I'm not cyberstalking ZQ or anything. I just have way too much time on my hands. Honest. :shifty:

There is something very Gabriel Grey about that first pic in particular isn't there?

2. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ohh no no, not predictable, just that I can always count on you to bring the heat ;)

Hee, very very Gabriel. Maybe he was channeling him ;)

3. Nerd unRage

Nerd unRage Commander Red Shirt

Tee-hee. I just had a fangirl moment.

Thanks for the new pics!

4. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

I want to be that wavy-haired dude, not even gonna lie.

5. Etched

Well I often run across pics & stuff in my daily surfing and my Mum always told me it was polite to share. ;)

You're welcome! :)

Wavy haired dude is Christian Borle, quite a big star on Broadway I understand.

Random pictures because its Friday morning and I'm so very bored:

[​IMG]
    With big brother Joe & Mama Quinto

[​IMG]
    Spectacularly random clothing combination even by his standards.

And some fun pics with Dania Ramerez:
    [​IMG]

6. Nerd unRage

I love the third one of the set of pics with Dania Ramirez. He's trying to be scary and she's like "Boy, please!" Awesome.

7. Etched

Welcome to your monthly dose of ZQ News:

So Angels in America opens this Thursday and in the run up the New York Times did a rather nice article/interview with Zach on Sunday.

Though this has stirred up a bit more of the controversy that started with his It Gets Better video about his perceived hypocrisy in supporting gay causes while remaining "closeted" himself.

Also, Signature have released some new production pictures, I'm sure Tribbles will be relieved to see the hair is growing back nicely:

[​IMG]
    The above scene always makes me cry in the HBO version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh I don't know why so many people are pre-occupied with actors' love lives. I think pop diva Mika has the right attitude. His videos are as camp as tits but he doesn't think his private life is anybody's business and he won't discuss it in interviews. Of course that is code for 'oh so he must be gay' in the modern media.

We certainly seem to have more 'out' actors in the UK but homosexuality is really rather common in the arts so I'm sure there are a hell of a lot more who have chosen to duck under the radar.

I remember when the actor the late Nigel Hawthorne was 'outed' in the press. He was upset just because it had never been a secret and he'd been attending public events with his partner for years but the press made it out like it was some great revelation. It really should be a non-issue but I suppose unless more actors are brave enougfh to take the plunge it will remain a speculative subject. Actually most actors, sportsmen, and pop stars these days seem to come out when someone is going to sell a kiss and tell story to the press.

Lindsay Lohan seems to be all over the gutter press here because of her drink and drug problems - her bisexuality isn't nearly enough to make a headline.

I'd certainly kiss Zach but I'd never tell ;)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  9. Etched

Any time the issue of Zach's sexuality comes up it seems to generate a massive amount of general wankery. Read the comments on any article about him and there's just so much stupidity. Everyone claims that their cousin's, best friend's, sister's room mate has slept with him so they know for an absolute fact that he is gay/straight/bi/whatever. I suspect that even if he did specifically state his sexual orientation, whatever that may be, certain deluded people would still claim to know better.

The argument seems to be that by not coming forward and saying that he is gay he is sending a mixed message to youngsters struggling with their own sexuality. That he can't tell them "it gets better" if he still feels the need to "hide" who he is for fear that it will damage his career. That he shouldn't set himself up as a "gay rights activist" if he's not prepared to be open about his own sexuality. Ironically if he wasn't so openly involved in these causes he probably wouldn't be getting so much hassle about it right now.

In an ideal world this wouldn't be an issue, it shouldn't be an issue but our world is far from ideal. :( Personally I can see both sides and I'm not sure there is any right or wrong. ZQ is 100% entitled to his privacy, as he says in the article boundaries are important, but at the same time the more positive lgbt role models out there the better so I can understand why some people feel disappointed.

Of course everyone arguing about this, myself included it seems, has made certain assumptions, no one commenting on any of this actually knows Zach or has any real knowledge of his situation so they are just going to keep going round in circles anyway.

And now I have become part of the problem by discussing this when I didn't really intend to. Oops!:vulcan:

So, to save face, and as its just popped up on my Twitter feed, here's a link to a trailer for Angels in America featuring video clips of the production.

10. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah - lol - that attitude is soooo heterophobic - damn hippocrites! I think any heterosexual man or woman should be able and enocouraged to take a similar stance to Quinto. :bolian: I mean, I do collections for a charity supporting children with bone disorders but I have no children and no bone disorders.

Twitter scares me - I'll be in the car. :alienblush:

11. Nerd unRage

Agreed. The logic just doesn't add up. You can stand up for a cause for whatever reason you may have. I'm not sure why if someone stands up gay rights that it somehow means you, yourself are gay especially if it's not somehow "obvious" to the contrary. I think, unfortunately, males bear this burden of proof more so than females in this type of situation.

And now make to our regularly scheduled drooling. :drool: