A fashion disaster

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, May 21, 2009.

1. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I bought myself a pair of ugg boots yesterday. I don't ever plan to wear them out in public as I think ugg boots are a fashion disaster. I plan to wear my uggies around the house instead of slippers. I did walk to the my letterbox in them but I wouldn't leave the property in them.

Do you have any clothes, shoes, hat etc that you wear only around the house? Something that is horrid or old or out of fashion but comfortable or warm?

2. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I usually wear sweatpants at home which I wouldn't do outside, and I have plenty of old/ugly t-shirts I don't want to throw away because they are just so comfortable. ;)

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I have a big, heavy shirt that I wear around the house like a sweater. I can't wear it out anywhere, because it's so weirdly big and bulky that I can't even tuck it in. Also, at this point it hasn't been washed in months. :rommie:

4. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I usually stick around in underclothes, which are not appropriate for outside wear. And I have some soft sports jumpers that I put on when cold in the evenings - and even sleep in sometimes - so yeah, I have some things just for the house that I would not pop out to the supermarket in. It's the sensible thing to do, as I wouldn't want to ruin my favourite wool jumpers by sleeping in them!

I do believe in living La Dolce Vita on a day to day basis. I don't hold with saving things for best. So yes, I might wear my best just to pop out for milk, or post a letter. Certainly never in my sleeping jumpers! Who knows, you might bump into an old friend going about your errands, and it's nice to look and feel your best in such an instance. If I get run over by a bus tomorrow, I want to know I enjoyed as many of the finer things available to me as I could. :D

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Almost all of my GAP t-shirts. The only other place I wear them is at the beach.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

My favorite outfit for lounging around at night and when I go to bed is a pair of New England Patriots plaid pajama pants and a long sleeve Notre Dame shirt, which is funny because I like neither of those teams (I got them as gifts) and they don't go together at all, but they're both very warm and comfy.

Come to think of it, I have a pair of LA Lakers slippers that I wear sometimes too, so I imagine I look like a walking sport's memorabilia store when I take the trash out in the morning. At least I'm actually a fan of them though.

7. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a pair of jeans that look awful on me but are very comfortable (yep, they were a gift), so I like to wear them around the house. But not outside. The laughter of strangers can be a hurtful thing....

:D

8. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

In the winter I might lounge around in my pajamas when I'm home, or this very moment, I just got out of the shower and am in a t-shirt and briefs, but I plan to get dressed once I finish this very message--or maybe after one more. It's early enough that I can take my dog out in the back in my underwear and most of my neighbours seem not to be up and about, or take the garbage out without frightening someone.

But generally, I fell ugly in ugly clothes and try not to wear them, and I don't like feeling under dressed: so rarely do I go around as such.

9. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I usually wear sweat pants when I'm home (I live alone). I wouldn't want to be seen in them, though, not even by my family. I also wear night gowns in bed which are obviously unsuited for wearing outside. I also have some old t-shirts I only wear for sports and excavations.

10. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

I oftentimes wear my wife's bathrobe at home. Mine isn't warm enough and she prefers it to her own.

BUT IT'S STRICTLY A COMFORT THING :shifty:

11. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: RIGHT!

12. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

IT'S BLUE! Did I mention that it was blue? I mean, sure, its got flowers and stuff on it... BUT IT'S BLUE!!! :lol:

13. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

So, you like to feel pretty, eh? That's OK. ;)

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I have some sweatpants I wear around the house that I would NEVER wear outside, and I have my plastic gardening shoes that I will never, EVER wear anywhere else but the garden.

15. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I try to only wear regular tees around the house and nice shirts in public or when I know I'll be going somewhere for the day where I actually care how I look like. I also have a pair of jeans that don't have any belt "loops" but instead they have string and you tie them to keep them secured, a la training paints. Not very pretty but comfy.

16. cyph

cyph Captain Captain

I thought everyone had "house clothes" and "outing clothes"? Who has a whole wardrobe of clothes that they where both in and out of the house??????

17. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Holdfast. In fact he has two, one for spring/summer and one for fall/winter.

18. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Holdfast has clothes simply for use in the hallway between the kitchen and the foot of the stairs.

(Rakishly Noel Coward-esque smoking jacket, BTW).

19. Garrovick

Garrovick Guest

I wear "sleep pants" in the house, but not outside. If I'm going outside, I put on jeans. I also have a 30 year old real leather Motorcycle/Bomber jacket I wear when it's cold outside around the yard, but today, it's just too dorky looking for "down town".

20. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Plenty. You'd be surprised. I imagine those people must have a larger clothes budget - if things get ruined, they just buy more.