Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I'm aware of fundraising sites and we've talked about it.

Not sure if additional hands on the "weirdspace" effects would help at this point, but we are talking to some people about some very specific shots we need.

Speaking of weirdspace....

[​IMG]

2. Maurice

[​IMG]
    This is a TEST of the Exeter in "weirdspace". The lightning bolts were photographed off an electrical effect gizmo and double exposed in, keeping with the goal of creating effects which could have been accomplished in 1969. The ship is temped in to check motion and perspective, and no grain or color correction has been applied.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Very cool! I loved the section on the Behind the Scenes DVD of The Savage Empire that showed how Jimm and Josh managed to create all their visual effects using as much practical work as possible. Very excited to see you guys continued this practice on Tressaurian Intersection as well!

4. infullview

infullview Ensign Red Shirt

I really hate Facebook. I have no idea how to post a comment as I can do on a forum. I recently saw that there's a countdown on www.starshipexeter.com I'm hoping this isn't cruel joke as the timer seems to run out on April 1st.

5. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If that's for real, it's kind of genius. If it really is an extended April Fools joke then that's deplorable.

6. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So ... are we there yet?

7. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Patience, it's not the 23rd century yet. ;)

8. infullview

What's going on with the Faccebook page? I just tried to view it and I got
    This content is currently unavailable

9. infullview

Also, to whomever is moderating this Facebook page, I've hit the request button to be added to the group twice now. I see other people who have been added, but I never seem to get a response. Is there something I have to do as acknowledgement to make this happen?

10. Maurice

It has been the holiday season. Perhaps the moderator of the Facebook page is away.

11. Noah

Noah Ensign Newbie

OMG! There is a countdown clock on the Exeter web site. Can it be, It's come ...I love it...The best tos fan flick of all so far

12. infullview

I used to be able to access this. Now all I get when I click on the link is:

[​IMG]"This content is currently unavailableThe page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Is this group closed or deleted? When I was still able to access the page I clicked the button to be added to the group; no one seems to respond. Can someone tell me if this Facebook page still exists?

Thanks, J.

13. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

I joined the group and I can access that page.

14. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

I can see the counter. When I accessed the page, it was counting 78 hs, 5min, 34 sec, 00 ml. :)
    I´m auxiouslly waiting the news. It was indeed a very good fan movie when first aired on the net.

15. infullview

The group appears to be closed to all but existing members. I am no longer able to see it.

Can someone please look into this and let me know if this is the case?

16. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

There are two Exeter groups.

The first is the original Facebook group and is under frequent barrage of spam posts. The admins of the page have seemingly abandoned it, so there's not really anything to be done about it.

The active, current Facebook page was set up a few months ago and is admin'ed by John Atkin. If you can find that one, you should be able to join.

17. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

78 days. :)

18. Maurice

If you have a Facebook account you can read the Starship Exeter page (link), but you can't post to it unless you join.

19. infullview

20. Maurice

^^^I looked at that page via a Facebook account that hasn't joined the group, so I have no idea why you're having an issue.