(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

See the Fabregas speculation is sparking off again. He's clearly too honest for La Liga. Greaseball going to Madrid was appropriate, but genuine players should stay well clear. :lol:

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Forest are in the playoffs barring a huge win for Leeds and massive defeat for Forest due to our 6 goal advantage in the goal difference. Now for the crushing 2nd leg wipe out :p

3. Angel4576

Phew, might finally be able to finish my Forest Playoffs Implosion DVD trilogy. The Yeovil and Blackpool ones need a bookend...... ;)

Besides, it's common knowledge, we're the only side that Billy can get promoted through the playoffs..... :p

4. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Good chance it'll be Cardiff acting as your bookend!

So QPR are promoted... until Friday at least. I want a proper promotion really, rather than a hollow one. Then again, they shouldn't bloody cheat, should they? So it's their problem, not mine, and I'll toast our promotion.

I'd rather go up having won our last two games and Pompey/Marlon King making Norwich slip-up.

I just read an interesting comment on this actually - is it fair in the slightest to drop QPR into the play-offs? All of sudden it's not some inconsistent team involved, it's the best in the league. Wouldn't it be fairer on Swansea, Reading and Forest to take enough points to make them finish 7th instead?

Sorry, but since the 15-points rumour started, it's all I can think of without a game to go on a Saturday! The letter of the post-Tevez law says they have to have a deduction, and the FA are hardly known for doing anything sensible/proportionate!

Edit: and why the hell wasn't this sorted out months ago!?

5. Angel4576

They needed to wait and see how many points they could dock them without it affecting their promotion.

It'll be a symbolic punishment. I imagine that what they really wanted was to dock them enough points to drop them to second - they get promotion but not as champions. Sadly, as Norwich and Cardiff are neck and neck the FA can't do it.

I'd pay good money to see QPR shunted into the playoffs. I know what you're saying about it not being fair on the other clubs in the playoffs, but it'll give Colin a coronary, and that's well worth it.

6. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

This is what baffles me.

Anyway, one more win (hopefully today against Plymouth) and Saints are back up into the Championship :techman:

7. HappyDayRiot

^ Well done the Saints!

Whereas we lost 0-3 to Middlesbrough. A more depressing way to fall into the play-offs I cannot imagine.

8. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

And then Norwich beat Pompey to get automatic promotion. Very good achievement for them to have successive promotions.

And in The Championship next year we'll have (barring a miracle) Saints, Brighton, Pompey and possibly Bournemouth if they win the play-offs. A south coast revival!

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm quite pleased because my best mate's a Brighton fan, also another friend is a West Ham fan but obviously it'll be a bit of a come down for him next season...probably!

10. HappyDayRiot

At least he'll have the immense joys of the West Ham-Millwall derby.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

When I read the headline I thought nah no way he did it on purpose that would be stupid BUT look at the video...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8HYHiy0hWAw[/YT]

He speeds up and changes direction, WHO THE FUCK falls like that?

12. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Nah, looks to me like he wanted to avoid falling onto the concrete or whatever that is on the side of the field and he was too quick to stop in time.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

The riot police probably already planning...

14. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could've at least apologised, the dipshit.

15. HappyDayRiot

The Daily Mail is running this as a top story, claiming it's deliberate sexist violence!

It's almost as funny as that time Anelka slammed into Martin O'Neill.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

So with Barcelona in the CL final, what score wil they beat Man Utd?

I am going for a 3-0 drubbing :rolleyes: god European football used to be so more exciting. Aside from Spurs I have been dissapointed with the CL this year.

17. HappyDayRiot

Never write off Manchester United. Balls of steel, that lot.

As opposed to our teams of course :) I'm torn at the moment - would I rather finish 3rd and go up in a tarnished promotion, or finish 4th, and hope to meet Forest at Wembley? Can you imagine the lack of bottle between Cardiff and Forest? It'd end 13-12 on penalties or something!

18. chineserapper05

chineserapper05 Captain Captain

a man u vs barca final? :thumbdown:

19. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why the thumbs down?

20. chineserapper05

chineserapper05 Captain Captain

i'm a liverpool fan so i hate manchester united, and i'm not a fan of barca and their style of play. so this final would be kinda meh for me.