Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4, 3DS and Nintendo NX

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kelthaz, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4, 3DS and Nintendo NX

The PS4 (and presumably NX) versions will run on the Unreal Engine 4 while the 3DS version will be built separately. Despite the 3DS clearly being the inferior version, it has a neat feature where the game is displayed in 3D on the top screen and in 2D 16-bit sprites on the bottom screens. You can even control whether battles will be in 3D or 2D.

We know almost nothing about the game at this point or even if it will be localized in the west, but it's great to see a new Dragon Quest game. It's been far too long. Dragon Quest X didn't count.

2. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

The first Dragon Warrior (now Quest of course) game was one of the first games I had for the NES, but I've only played a few in the entire series. The first one, VI on the DS, and I have to get around to IX at some point. So I'm not all that up to date on the series, but still nice to see a long-running series is still kicking.

As a side note, all they've said is that they're "considering" the NX version. But that's really all they probably can say given the fact that we know very little about the NX beyond it's development codename.

The 3DS thing looked neat where it had the old-style top-down 2D view and the more modern 3D view at the same time.