DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Devon, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Amra

Amra Ensign Newbie

Any definitive list of US store exclusives and what goodies you get?

2. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Less than a month to go already?

Damn time moving forward thing...

3. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Commander Red Shirt

So, Europe is getting theirs before you guys? The date set in Sweden is November 4th.

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Australia: October 29th!

5. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Commander Red Shirt

Wow. Well, suck on that, America!

6. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

7. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if the Australian Blu-ray will be region locked? Paramount Blu-rays usually are not. Can I wait, or should I import?

8. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    It's probably safer to wait, unless you want to reset your blu-ray every time to Australia region if yours can even do that, just be patient before you know it Star Trek will be available and you will own it.

9. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Region coding is not as prevalent with Blu-rays as it is with DVD's. Most Paramount titles, including past Trek stuff, have been region-free so far.

10. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just watched my DVD again last night. It would kill me having to wait another month for it. I am still finding little jewels and 'Easter eggs' in the movie.

11. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    I can't wait to own all three new movies, XI, XII, and XIII, on blu-ray, its like when I was waiting for "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy to come out in theater then on DVD and special edition too. I anticipate some fun years ahead watching these movies as they come out!:beer:

12. RapidNadion

RapidNadion Commander Red Shirt

Guys, I trawled the thread a bit looking for an answer to this, but didn't find anything I was too sure of, so I hope someone can answer this.

I know there are three versions of the take-home STXI, and I know the BluRay special edition comes with the 4 badges and the augmented reality holographic packaging. My question is, since I'm still stuck in the world of DVDs and don't plan on upgrading to BluRay soon:

What am I going to be missing out on if I pre-register for the DVD release from Amazon (they're offering it for cheap if you pre-order, and I have an Amazon VISA that I like racking up points on)? If I just go for the "basic" DVD, will I be missing out on all the deleted scenes and other special features, or what?

Thanks, everyone.

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

^ I think that if you look at the break-downs of the different sets here, you should find all of the answers to your questions.

For the short version, the description for the single-disc DVD is as follows:

M', not Blu-Ray equipped - ordered the 2-disc DVD set

14. RapidNadion

RapidNadion Commander Red Shirt

Thanks very much, M'Sharak. I'm really not pleased about it, but I think the extra featurettes (totaling 5!) on the Blu-Ray are going to make me upgrade my home player -- even though I really shouldn't be spending money on myself so close to the holidays.

Just pre-ordered on the BestBuy website - at least I'll be able to get the badges from the film ... which I haven't managed to find anywhere else.

Thanks again! Can't wait.

15. emacs

emacs Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i be purchasing the Blu-ray edition of this film; should be quite good actually.

16. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

I got an email from Apple yesterday, and they are using Star Trek XI in their campaign for their new iMac. They mention the movie's available for pre-order on iTunes and that their new 27" screens are 2560 x 1400.

http://www.apple.com/imac/

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

^ I've seen that mentioned in a couple of places -- TrekMovie's Twitter was one of them, and I just saw a thread in GTD about it.

18. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, we already had this one; and it seemed appropriate.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

This disc is going to cost me a few hundy. I need to buy a blu-ray player. Yeah, I have a PS3 but, I dunno, it's time to upgrade.

20. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think you should consider the cost of a new BD-player as part of the costs associated with this disc since you already can play it. You're just choosing to upgrade.