So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with you it was a lousy book.I'm now reading Qurantine by John Vornholt.

2. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally finished "Protectors" and started "Acts of Contrition".

3. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Made a start on the Ryanverse novel Commander in Chief this morning.

4. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

for those of you who've read them all, can i read the Voyager books (Full Circle to Atonement) separately from the other TNG/DS9 books (Everything Cold Equations to present releases)? or is there alot of cross-over between the books?

5. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

This one was much better, although still not one of my favorites. The whole DH series was mediocre.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You can definitely read them separately. They aren't even set in the same year. Voyager has only just started to catch up with the original Typhon Pact miniseries, chronologically speaking.

7. indianatrekker26

awesome. I was afraid if i jumped into the TNG/DS9 stuff, i'd inadvertently spoil myself on the VOY books.

8. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Almost done the Mere Anarchy series! Just posted my review of book 5, The Blood-Dimmed Tide by Howard Weinstein.

We'll be covering book 6 on next week's Literary Treks podcast, and my review will follow shortly thereafter.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night I finished up ST:Vanguard's final novel, Storming Heaven, which was a amazing conclusion to the series. I posted my thoughts over in it's review thread.
    I also finished up Roar and Live, the prequel novella to Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky. It enjoyed it quite a bit, it was cool to get a story focused on supporting characters from the main series.
    With both of those done, I started one new book, Blood Red Road, the first post in Moria Young's post apocalyptic series The Dustlands.

10. Reanok

I started reading Double Helix book 5 Double or nothing by Peter David.

11. indianatrekker26

http://killie-booktalk.blogspot.com/p/star-trek-reading-challenge.html I'm using David King's reading challenge list of star trek books, and i'm starting with TNG: Encounter at Farpoint, and just moving forward from there. I've always wanted to do this big read through of the 24th century stuff using Encounter as a starting point. I know it'll take me a while, but i have all the books, and it will be a blast.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Before I started Blood Red Road, I had also started The Eflstones of Shannara. I had originally planed on just adding BRR to my book rotation, but yesterday I decided to go ahead and stick with EsoS too.

13. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I'm reading Endgame Sky Key.

14. Reanok

I finished reading Star Trek Double or Nothing by Peter David.:rolleyes: The whole Double Helix miniseries is mediocre at best. I didn't really care for this series of stories.

15. Killie

Killie Lieutenant Red Shirt

Finished reading The Vulcan Academy Murders by Jean Lorrah.

I have to admit it is the greatest mystery novel I have ever read but was interesting enough. My full review can be found here.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think you left out a "not" there...

17. Reanok

I started reading Star trek Seekers 4 At the last by Dayton Ward a& Kevin Dilmore. I really like this story and have read over a 100 pages. I like seeing what the Endeavour crew is up to in this novel.:techman:

18. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just posted my review of book 6 in the Mere Anarchy series, Its Hour Come Round by Margaret Wander Bonanno. Really enjoyed this one. A lovely ending to this series.

Finishing up Q-Strike by Greg Cox, and starting on one I've been wanting to read for ages: The Buried Age by Christopher.

19. indianatrekker26

i'm currently reading The Force Awakens novelization by Alan Dean Foster and The Bone Labyrinth by James Rollins

20. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Star Trek: Titan: Sight Unseen by James Swallow. I very much enjoyed and posted my thoughts in the review thread.

I'm now reading Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink & Jeffrey Cranor.