teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ He has an excellent face.

Rules of Engagement: Apophis has his own cult of boys who don't even need a goa'uld in their gut to think he's just awesome. They are utterly brainwashed and live only to train in his service. Yet just 4 seconds of some old guy who looks like he could be Apophis's grandpa calling for a host and then seemingly dying is enough to deprogram them.

Still, an enjoyable and interesting episode.

[​IMG]

The possibilities for making snarky political commentary with this pic are endless.

2. gturner

gturner Admiral

That episode really didn't do much for me, though it had some interesting elements.

If his purpose was to create infiltrators, the Goa'uld had lots of better methods, using mind control and whatnot. If his purpose was to come up with more effective soldiers, he wouldn't have needed the slightest hint of American stuff, just adaptations in weapons and tactics.

3. teacake

I've figured out an in universe explanation for why a blurry video of Apophis deprogrammed them all so easily. Something's been done to their brains in the first place to make them very easily persuaded into beliefs, as a part of the training program. It was not expected that they would ever have any outside influence until the time came to infiltrate earth, and perhaps their brains would have been toughened up before that.

As to it not being the most effective method, I think it comes down to the Goa'uld experimenting with all kinds of techniques and this is just one of them.

4. teacake

Forever in a Day: In the opening scenes we see Sha're again and I suddenly realized how much I like her. I actually thought, wow she could become one of my favorite characters, I hope we see a lot more of her.

Roll the Stargate theme and credits..

"Sha're is dead".

SERIOUSLY?! Why does this always happen!

And then we get a really interesting episode with a twist at the end that took me by surprise. A whole new direction opens up for Daniel Jackson, and I don't just mean that he is back on the market though obviously this is also cool.

That was great.

However I still think Daniel is a jerk for not caring one whit about the kid of his beloved until he was ordered to and given some special purpose for it.

5. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

It's not really her child in any meaningful sense though is it? She was basically raped and forced to conceive and give birth to a Goa'uld in human form.

6. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

FIAD is my favourite episode - alternating with 6th season's Abyss, Full Circle and 7th season's Lost City, depending on the mood I'm in *g*. But then, I love those quiet character-driven episodes...

7. teacake

But she clearly cares for the child when she's Sha're. It's her biological child as far as its human side goes and she's bonded to it. She fears for the child when she's pregnant.

8. gturner

gturner Admiral

<O'Neill voice>
    Okay, let me lay this out for you again. She has a snake in her head.
    </O'Neill voice>

9. teacake

Well I've watched two more and made notes and fallen in love with an unbelievably beautiful woman but my tonsils are the size of golf balls so I'm going to bed. Riveting reviews tomorrow, stay tuned.

10. teacake

Okay I know you've all been dying to know who I've fallen in love with and I won't drag out the suspense any longer.

Past and Present:

I was SMITTEN. Smitten and confused because she sure does look like someone I once knew though I can't recall who it is. That perky yet not little nose, the big eyes, the mop of curly blonde hair (not usually my thing at all), the CHEEKBONES and the cleft in her chin. What a completely surprising and wonderful package.

Too bad she's a Destroyer of Worlds eh? Of course they say bad things about Lady Sylvanas too, what the heck do they know (they being, not me).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and as to the episode, it was great. I was soooo glad that when they gave them the reverse amnesia drug they didn't shrivel into old people on the bed, I was waiting for that silliness and it did not come. Yay!

Also yay, Daniel is back on the market and seemingly over being a widower in like five minutes. Oh he gave Sha're's death some lipservice but this only served to make him more attractive, suffering boy that he is. And then they kissed yadda yadda.

11. teacake

Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know: Wow, this really stepped it up with the guesomeness. Quite a disturbing place, Hell. Bynarr's makeup was very confronting, so awful with the green pussy eye socket and half healed wedges of flesh holding it together. You don't see this level of graphic wounds on Star Trek. And the torture and treatment of the team, kind of hard to watch.

And then we get the RETURN of APOPHIS. Yeah! Looking rather like Anakin dragged from the lava. And Sokar has quite the Emperor Palpatine vibe to him with his decadent decay and soft spoken words that drip with malevolence.

O'Neill makes another Wizard of Oz reference.

This double ep should have been insanely cheesy what with the devil and all but the acting and the makeup made it a horror story instead. Wish we could see more of Sokar (I presume he's dead) as he was very well done.

12. teacake

Foothold: O'Neill almost takes off his pants. He appears to be wearing white Y fronts. I approve of this, nice manly underthings.

A ripper of an episode! Especially good was Carter chewing out Maybourne.

13. teacake

Pretense: A surprise freeing of Skaara from his symbiont! The Tollans could run quite a nice business here detaching the Goa'uld from their hosts.

This fellow, Zipacna, was fascinating to look at. Quite repulsive, he flinched and pouted and curled his lips in a spectacle of smug disdain. Excellent acting. I kept thinking his earring was an IDIC symbol though :lol:

[​IMG]

In other news Carter rejects Narim's advances with the old "it's not you, it's me and my ex-symbiont's sexy times memories" routine. He nods and calls her "wise", guess the Tollan don't get that line very often.

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

What, no comments about Zipacna's fruit basket hat?

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ah, Zipacna, "Creepy Smiling Go'auld", one of my favorites, they really did have him made up bizarrre in this one. In the pic above, he looks like a Drag Queen, who's wig was pulled off, LOL.

16. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

I wonder if Kevin Durand regrets that role. He's done some pretty high profile stuff since then.

17. teacake

:guffaw:

I couldn't take my eyes off him!

[​IMG]

And here's his hair, such a fop!

[​IMG]

And yes the fruit hat.. the Carmen Miranda of the Goa'uld :lol:

18. teacake

Urgo: Urgo is a little known latin term which means, roughly translated, "what the fuck". Here are some examples of appropriate usages of this term.

[​IMG]

A cute example of WTF that makes you chuckle.

[​IMG]

A deeply embarrassing example of WTF unless you are watching Monsters Inc.

[​IMG]

A dramatic REAL LIFE event WTF that occurred while I was watching this episode.

And finally..

[​IMG]

WTF is with Daniel's eyebrows? Why have they been shaved, plucked, shaped in such a ridiculous fashion?

19. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Urgo is the best episode ever. I love it even more than I love Samantha Carter...wait, no, not that much. But almost as much.

"Try the paddles!"

20. teacake

I'm glad you liked it. I thought it was WTF horrible. If you're going to have a very very very annoying alien at least make him funny, like Q. When O'Neill tells him to be a mensch he hits the cliches right between the eyes.