teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Best part of season 8. ;)

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Memento: A typical tale made more interesting by the Prometheus and this legend of Trek:

[​IMG]

It was kind of cool watching them dig out the stargate.

3. teacake

Prophecy: A nice moment when the young woman shoots her Goa'uld God and kills him, go her. And a mystery about Jonas who may have more going on than just Nirrti's meddling.

Finale of Season 6 is next!!

:: puts on the kettle ::

4. teacake

Full Circle: That was great. Huge mysteries revealed and new mysteries before us.

What Anubis is was quite a shock.

What Daniels is is not completely clear to him it seems, despite his discovery of who the Ancients are.

The Lost City!!

Excellent attack scenes of the Goa'uld strafing the desert.

O'Neill and Carter subtext stirred up just a wee bit.. :)

Climactic finale, fantastic stuff!

5. gturner

gturner Admiral

As I recall, that scene had a great soundtrack and some excellent camera work, worthy of a feature film. The president's speech was superb.

Full Circle was a great episode on all levels, even O'Neill's needling of Herat. "Failing upward I see," and "Tell your boss you screwed up again," were some of my favorites.

6. teacake

Season 7 begins!

Fallen
    : What a great opening. This is just what I wanted to happen in The Eternal Tide, only even though it was a book for godsake they had Janeway returned to human form in her uniform. Because the Q thought she would be more comfy that way rather than naked. Yes it actually said that. Yes I am bitter.

Didn't we once see Rodney naked and dumped somewhere like that in SG:A? No wait.. maybe it was Ryan Robbins in Sanctuary. Yes that's it! Aerial view as well.

But onto the story.. it seemed odd to drag the half retarded Daniel Jackson who can't even remember O'Neill's first name off on this enormous mission. He doesn't know who he is or why he's back which I think makes him a bit of a wild card. The whole mission is kind of whacky but I enjoyed all the Star Wars references and I'm looking forward to part 2!

7. teacake

Homecoming: So, Jonas is gone and Daniel has returned. Now I know when we first got Jonas I was all gushy over his presence, his arms, his lack of mopeyness, his potential as an interesting character.. but you know they did fuck all with the guy. Slotted him into Daniel's job with none of the joy Daniel had in his archaeology. Couple of jokes about how he doesn't know anything about earth and was technologically behind and then forgot about it for the rest of the season. Teased us with him being a different kind of human (and presumably all his people are) and never said exactly what this means, even though the little Doctor was ogling the test results. Dragged out O'Neill's lukewarmness about him far too long. Used his being a super quick study of everything to completely remove any learning curve that might have given him some personality.

So yeah. He was nice to look at but I am looking forward to seeing if they give the ascended and then descended Daniel some interesting developments because of everything he's been through.

Oh and good job on Anubis escaping, would like to see more of his shadowy evil self.

I'm also enjoying O'Neill's running mockery of the Goa'uld system lords being uber camp and pulp sci fi :guffaw:

8. teacake

Fragile Balance: woot, that was a huge lot of fun especially after all the Goa'uld heavy blowing up stuff eps. The kid was really good.. I'm wondering if RDA coached him heavily as to how O'Neill would act and speak because it a great channeling job.

The end was kind of.. odd. Yeah sure it might be nice to rewrite ones high school years but it would also be horribly boring sitting in a classroom listening to dribble every day when you've been visiting planets and flying alien ships. But I guess clone O'Neill might look at it as a very long vacation.

I'm VERY amused by O'Neill being a step up in our evolutionary development.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, that kid was awesome as O'Neill. Only other kids I can recall being so impressed with being the main character younger is "Little Ben" on LOST and more recently, "Little Snow" on Once Upon A Time

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun fact: teenage O'Neill was played by the same actor that played the kid with the weird CGI squirrel pet in Star Trek Insurrection.

11. gturner

gturner Admiral

The young O'Neill clone would make a nice hook for a reboot set in the future, using a younger actor in an already established character. Of course he would have to look a lot like RDA.

12. teacake

Orpheus:Teal'c saves his kid, saves his mentor and gets his mojo back. Nice scene where the ship slowly falls to earth.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's when I really wish the show ended, then do the movie, then start Atlantis.

Also on the great CBS show... Joan of Arcia.

Also have a crush on him. :lol:

14. teacake

Revisions: A rather good little Return of the Archons story, quite enjoyed it.

Had a good laugh at O'Neill's Seinfeld joke!

I didn't even recognize Christopher Heyerdahl, he looks so young.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  15. teacake

Life Boat: Well that had a lot of impact, actually teared up during one part. Very well done drama, and it was more of a drama than the usual sci fi ep. I really wish Shanks was this expressive the rest of the time.

16. teacake

Enemy Mine: It didn't take long to get back to these drawn out episodes with Daniel grunting at aliens and lecturing military turd heads.

Also, Lorne!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  17. gturner

gturner Admiral

Shanks won an award for that performance. :)

18. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Weirdly, this is actually one of my favourite episodes. I'm not really sure why.

19. teacake

It was perfectly good, just felt like I'd seen it quite a few times before.

20. gturner

gturner Admiral

Probably featuring Kevin Costner or a dozen other actors who've played the role. At least they didn't go all "Avatar" on it.