Hannibal (TV series)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by DevilEyes, May 22, 2013.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

3. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

They're contractually bound to Amazon so I doubt it'll end up on Netflix.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

But with the show canceled maybe the contracts are different. Community seasons 1-5 are on Hulu when season six (and a movie?) will be on Yahoo.

5. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Another beautifully rendered but slooooooooooow episode. Bring on the conflict and tension!

6. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

I soooo hope some online service picks it up for a final season, it never should have been on NBC in the first place.

7. bigdaddy

Two seasons, isn't there a 5 year plan?

8. spocksbrain

spocksbrain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's hardly surprising that the show has been canceled. This season is just awful. I loved the show before this, but every episode thus far has been jumping back and forth in time for no reason, has had Will hallucinating (despite the fact that he no longer has encephalitis), every character speaking in witty philosophical statements instead of talking like a normal person, and there's been maybe a single episode's worth (all together) of an actual linear story. The previous seasons blended style, substance and story, this season is all style with nothing behind it and it's hard to watch.

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Fuller has 7 years outlined. They need to go ahead and do the Red Dragon story and be done with it though.

10. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I'm kind of happy with it ending as long as they take it to Hannibal's capture OR to the end of Red Dragon. Both are excellent places to leave it.

11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the actors are not on contact anymore now so lets hope we get some closure with season 3. There was no need to stretch this out 7 seasons. We should be in Red Dragon territory by now.

12. Borgminister

Too. damn. slow. Artistic can give way to fartistic.

Just have to speed it up x 2 and it would be utterly fascinating. Nice fight scene at the end. But the lead up.

Snore.

13. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

I thought this was the best episode of the season so far but thats's not really that hard.

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Fuller tweeted that both Amazon and Netflix have passed on the show, which probably puts the last nail in its coffin.

15. bigdaddy

Which I find very odd because the show is so cheap. There were probably issues with the international markets.

16. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The last five episodes could have been condensed into one. I will always look fondly upon the first two seasons. :\

18. Borgminister

I have to agree... had there been better pacing, perhaps viewership would have stabilized.

19. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, as an amateur photographer I really, really love how beautiful the show is, but the story should always come first and right now... well, it doesn't. The first season was really tight and the hallucinations were an actual plot point. The second season added more hallucinations for really no reason at all (well, other than give Will something else to do than to sit inside a cell). I think at some point Fuller really fell in love with the crazy imagery and that was this show's downfall.

I remember reading somewhere (I might not be correct, but anyway) that Fuller said the third season was pushed back because reshoots were necessary to make it as good as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the suits saw the mess, tried to rescue it, then they saw the full third season and decided to pull the plug because it's just not very good story anymore. You really could turn these five episodes in one or two solid ones where you can really feel the excitement of the hunt, but... nope.

Loved it. Liked it at first, because I thought it would be a slow start and the pace would pick up drastically. But after five episodes, it's not just doing anything for me.

20. Borgminister

Always a span of 5 minutes to make it all ... well, not worthwhile, but interesting. Yikes.