Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Hoshi_Mayweather

Hoshi_Mayweather Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello, Jan

I’m currently in the second season…

Farscape actually became a bit tedious for me as well as weird…lol

I did think the main guy, Crichton (sp?) was funny though…

NoRoon AtThe Inn,
    I think he saw bits and pieces of it during its initial run…

In a nutshell, I just decided to watch an episode, and got interested in the characters…

Btw, does anyone think the security guy, Garibaldi, looks like Bruce Willis? (As long as B5 has been known, I’m sure others have mentioned that before)…

Thanks for the link to the site. I’ll check it out… ;)

2. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

The "Security guy"named Michael Garibaldi (Jerry Doyle name in RL) ... let's just say his appearance changes throughout the show and the comparison you drew is one many share with you. :lol:

3. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? What did Doyle say? I know that he got along more with Bruce but I've never come across anything negative about O'Hare, except from Claudia Christian who said that he was too serious and not as fun as Bruce to work with.

I met O'Hare, right before the first season premiered, at the San Diego Comic Con. He seemed like a nice enough gent.

4. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

It may be a story I've read where MO'H reportedly acted strange when JD gave him a ride to the studio. Frankly, I take it with a grain of salt because I've seen JD at a few conventions and find him highly entertaining but...less than nice much of the time, especially if he's had a few.

Jan

5. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Yeah, he just said O'Hare was a nutter. Stuff like him asking for a ride to the studio, then during that ride while playing with the radio randomly for no apparent reason, he asked him out for breakfast, which JD had no problem with. Then O'Hare sits down with him, and he doesn't talk. At all. Then tells JD that he talks, and he listens.

Then JD went on to talk about their first night out after shooting, and JD was talking to the girl who plays Lyta, then he randomly sat between them and started chatting up Lytas actress. JD didn't really care, and just went about ordering a round for the three. When he gave O'Hare his drink, he pointed at JD and said "You can't control me!" or something like that while pointing, might've been don't. He did the same thing with some make up artist on the show too, kept chatting her up and the like. I think JD also said that he punched a female actor on the show, or an extra during the first season. Can't remember.

To top it off, he went on to talk about how he nearly quit the show. Why? JD said to him "Michael is there an Indian behind every tree?" and O'Hare responded "Maybe..you and I will settle this May 26 after we wrap production". Then JD just said he won't be back for a second season unless O'Hare goes. Thats why they never met face to face.

Sounds funny though. I have the mp3 somewhere I think, I might upload it.

6. Neroon

Jerry always struck me as someone you have to take with a grain of salt, because it's hard to tell when he's serious. Listening to the cast commentaries, he seems to me to be the one who clowns around the most.

7. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Thanks for the 411. I dunno, living in LA, having had an actress as a roommate and encountering several actors and would-be actors, I've found all actors a bit strange in their own unique ways.

Well, having seen Doyle also at the SDCC, he does come off as a bit of a ham and something of an attention getter. If there were friction between the them, it doesn't show on screen as O'Hare and Doyle had great on-screen chemistry and really did come across as being good friends.

8. Phily B

Wait, Londo still gets killed by G'Kar? I thought Sheridan going to Za'Ha'Dum stopped this from happening like it stopped that flashback of Garibaldi and his last stand?

9. Phily B

And one more thing, I can't believe the amount of stuff you notice rewatching the series. Its amazing that stuff in season 1 is relevant to the rest of the series, you very rarely get that in TV shows, its usually in two hour movies.

10. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I think it's something of a photo finish between him and Claudia Christian. ;)

11. Tzenkethi

Tzenkethi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Garabaldis last stand was meant to happen after War Without End, Gkar and Londo would have died right then too.
    The scene of Sheridan finding Centauri Prime in ruin and ending with Londo and Gkar killing each other will still happen.

12. Phily B

I wonder what would've happened had Sheridan not gone to Za'Ha'Dum then..

13. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Remember all the Shadow ships that were circling B5 at the point where Sheridan jumped but which then disappeared? I think we can assume that the Shadows intended to take out Sheridan's 'support mechanism' no matter what.

Jan

14. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey guys did anyone read the comic? In the comic on B4 the message from Sinclair goes, "I found her..." now many think that was his girlfriend (the asian girl in season 1) and I would believe that too, BUT in an earlier panel he says "to michael, delenn, and he also says her name, don't worry... I finally found her.

Was it just a minsprint or was it something else Sinclair had found?

Sorry I didn't remember her name

15. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I think he was refering to Dr. Kirkish the woman from Messages From Earth.

16. Ryan Thomas Riddle

It was a misprint. Catherine Sakai is the person Sinclair was referring to at the end of "In Valen's Name, part 3." How she ends up some 900 years in the past is chronicled in the book To Dream in The City of Sorrows by Katherine Drennen, also known as Mrs. JMS.

17. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for clearing that up, it was a very important missprint I'd say.

That's pretty cool though, it means Catherine Sakai and Sinclair was like the ancestors of a huge part of the Minbari race

18. Neroon

Sorry I haven't been around to get into the B5 discussions here, but such can be the holidays.

19. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ Don't worry...it's been slow in alot of places around the board - this thread being only one of them.

Hey Neroon...after all the dust settles from the New Year, why don't we have a group episode watch again?

That was really fun. :)

20. Neroon

I'm game! Why don't we take suggestions for what episode to watch? If anyone as an episode in mind but can't recall the title (often happens with new converts), just describe it.