Beauty and the Beast is Awful.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It didn't make sense.

Though the twihards might get into it because of all the brooding and doomed love sexless hugs as the moonlight shines through... Awful.

Girl cop tracks down Batman and doesn't take him to jail for beating dozens of people half to death... Because he's a hero... Who admits to being mentally unstable incapable of controlling his murderous berserker rages.

Captain America is a junkie too.

I swear Lana was just regurgitating old Smallville dialogue.

"Sigh"

"you save people"

Bullshit, he's dangerous and a threat to the common good.

Everything else was meh and equally bland.

Don't watch this shit.

Even if you think it will get you laid.

Not worth it.

2. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Is there anything you don't cynically troll?

3. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

"Hey! Let's ask Guy! He hates everything!" :lol:

4. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I think Guy is doing a marvellous job; thanklessly forcing himself to watch shit so that nobody else has to.

5. Guy Gardener

I started three threads recently...

"Nashville is Good" "Emily Owens MD" (Which was extremely positive, except that I find beepers ridiculous. Although I did spend ninty percent of the thread shitting and helping other shit on the Mob Doctor.) and "Last Resort is Awesome".

I had positive things to say about Green Arrow and I was Amazed that Red Dwarfs Humour had returned from the grave.

If a show is good, I haven't much to say usually, but this is pilot season and I thought I'd be nice and guide folkes between the shoals and the sand, it's the least I could do.

Imagine the worst episode of Angel Season One, when the blonde cop is trying not to fall in love with that walking fore head... Got that? Now strip the humour and Kung Fu... And that's what we got here, except that the villain of the week was a couple junkie muggers just trying to make ends meet.

6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    The teaser looked dull. I much prefer the Linda Hamilton, Ron Perlman series. Sugary romance to be sure, but better performed than that thing now.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOBlqBaZP3I[/yt]

7. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

This series would be better titled "Beauty and another kind of Beauty".

BTW Gov Karnstein, what is your avatar from.

8. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    The Vampire Lovers, a 1970 film starring Ingrid Pitt. The movie is a decent adaptation of Le Fanu's vampire tale, Carmilla.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Agreed. And...Truth be told, I find that he is more generous to many shows than many others would be.

So, did they do anything with CGI to ugly him up, or is it just the scar and the weird eyes?

10. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I agree. He's usually right to the point and on target.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The show did well in the premiere but frankly I think that was due to TVD's lead in and the fact that the audience had nothing else to watch in that timeslot except some old guy arguing with some even older guy about a bunch of boring stuff. Nexy week it falls off a cliff.

12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

At first my wife was interested in watching it and then she found out it had Lana from Smallville in it and she lost all interest.

13. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hold on to that one.

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

An F from the AV Club.

15. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i preferred the 1946 french film version personally.

16. Guy Gardener

F?

VINDICATED!!!!!

I see that the AV club gave Chicago fire a C+. So maybe I'll try to finish that bugger. Looking through IMDB if I want to find out what Jesse sounds like in RL, because what he was using in House is not in the least Australian, I'm going to have to fish out my Time Trax DVDs.

There's a line from Monk where the Police Chief, Captain? That guy, is having a winging fit "I used to be a detective! I used to be someone! I was going somewhere! I had a future! But do you know who I am now? I'm the guy with Adrian Monks phone number."

I can see a point where Lana can't find her Beast (that's usually a fat girls problem.) and has to create an immediate substitute to help her solve a case, by finding an unstable homeless war vet and keeping him shotup with PCP.

17. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

As soon as I heard Kruek was the female lead I rolled my eyes and shook my head in dismay.

I barely remember the 80s version, but at least Linda Hamilton could act.

18. Guy Gardener

I watched the 80s pilot last night. I had to laugh at the production values but yes, they could all act, and plenty of shit was always going on so you weren't completely sure of your opinion...

And in that precursor Catherine (Same names, it's an actual remake not a passing rip off, some poor bastard bought the rights to the original before putting this shit together.) ...But the hilarious thing is that the scar they had Linda Hamilton "wear" in the original (hidden by her haircut 99 percent of the time.) is far worse than the scar on this new Beast kid.

If you want to see something truly horrific.

3,2,1 frankie goes boom

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772271/

Where Ron "The Beast from the 80s, and today's Hellboy" Pearlman is in Drag trying to seduce the shit out of his Sons of Anarky co-star Charlie Hunnam.

19. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Wow, did Ron need the money THAT badly?

20. Guy Gardener

Did I forget to mention that frankie goes Boom is hilarious?

And his work-pal Charlie Hunnum probably said "Dude, I'm staring in a movie, please give it some credibility, please."

Of course, Lizzy Caplin taking her top off gives everything credibility.