The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Oh, for sure. Absolute greatest of the first eight 6" figures, no contest. The Sandtrooper is magnificent....but not Boba Fett magnificent. The only ones on the horizon that might rival or surpass Boba are the Darth Vader and the Emperor.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Oh, and congrats on finding Mara. I wish that figure hadn't been quite so disappointing. Everything from the neck down is great, but that head.....

3. cooleddie74

I have to say, the eyebrows on my copy aren't nearly as bad as others I've seen so my Mara looks better than some. Still, that '80s mall hair does the overall sculpt no favors. Thanks, man. On balance I do like her quite a bit. The body from the neck down is excellent.

4. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

My local B & N has a whole shelf for stuff related to the Empire game, and I've seen some of the figures there too. I've also seen some of the fancier Marvel/DC collector figures (I can't recall the exact name of the brand, but it has characters like Colossus and others). Perhaps it's a good place to add to your local rounds. :D

5. OdoWanKenobi

There is one just down the street from my local comic shop/Wal-Mart/Target/other comic shop/Toys R Us/K-Mart/Half-Price Books/Best Buy. Yeah, that one street is a seriously awesome street. I usually forget it's there, or that B&N is actually a good place to find toys. You would think I would remember that, since it's where I scored my Dark Knight Rises Catwoman.

6. cooleddie74

Some collectors once reported finding some popular Vintage Collection figures at B&N, including the Gamorrean Guard. I never saw any recent 3.75” figures there but apparently some locations stocked 2011 and 2012 Vintage characters in their toy sections.

7. OdoWanKenobi

I think the Black Series is the first time I can remember seeing something mass market there. Before whenever I've been in a Barnes & Noble it's been DC Collectibles and Marvel Select stuff, along with Funko Pops and such. They're currently the only place for Funko's Game of Thrones figures, but those are expected to reach Toys R Us withing a month or so.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Six Inch Black Series Jedi Emperor Palpatine? Seriously? Oh man. These figures are what Star Wars collectors have been waiting for for a long time!!

9. cooleddie74

Yup. In a future wave, sometime after we get the Vader with the removable helmet. I think they might include his walking cane from Jedi, too, so it'll pretty much be the classic OT Emperor as we remember him except for his throne.

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

11. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Ah, there's been a mix-up with Photobucket...

12. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

13. OdoWanKenobi

I chuckle every time I see that statue. :lol: I've been tempted to get one for the giggles.

14. cooleddie74

Those last two pics are just great. :)

15. cooleddie74

After examining a leaked photo from the Hasbro panel presentation at Toy Fair it appears there's going to be a Black Series version of Clone Commander Wolffe from The Clone Wars Season 6.

16. OdoWanKenobi

17. Admiral_Young

Another awesome installment!

Zack Oat from Marvel Select confirmed that we would be getting one "X-Men: Days of Future Past" figure at Toy Fair in conversation with reviewer Shartimus Prime. Basically confirmed it wouldn't be a Sentinel, but the character they thought fans would MOST want to see. I'm guessing that will be a Marvel Select Fass-Neto figrue.

Does anyone know the current status of the X-Men film toy license? Who currently has it? I remember Toy Biz did the figures up to "The Last Stand" until their demise...

18. cooleddie74

OdoWan kicks it up a notch. Nice. Low- / no-budget it may be, but it's high entertainment for a board thread. :cool:

19. Admiral_Young

I literally almost fell out of my chair with laughter with the Kirk and Xenomorph panels :)

20. OdoWanKenobi

It would fall under Hasbro's Marvel license.