Dracula - NBC

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Taylirious, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Almost every character turned out to be an irredeemable, self serving arsehole.

Apart from maybe that background character who was his head engineer, he just wanted to do a good job.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Mina might also reasonably demand that Dracula confine his bloodlust to their enemies, as opposed to random women who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time . ..

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It will be very interesting to see where things go if this does come back.
    As for the other characters being as bad or worse than Dracula, a couple months ago I saw an interview where they brought that up and the people they were talking to, either writers or actors, I can't remember which, insisted that Dracula was the villain. I'm pretty sure after seeing the whole season, that most people would agree that wasn't the case. I've been trying to figure out if they actually felt that way, or if they were just saying that because they thought it was the way it is supposed to be.
    I was pretty shocked at just how bad they ended up making Harker and Van Helsing. I was pretty shocked at what both of those characters did in the end. I kept thinking they were both going to being good guys in the end, but they pretty much went in the exact opposite direction. I was especially shocked that Harker didn't do anything to stop the demonstration once he realized what was going to happen. I kept expecting him to rush over, and fix whatever The Order guys did to it, but instead he just left. Same thing with Van Helsing. I figured he would end up letting the kids go, not turn them into Vampire and kill them with their father.
    I look forward to seeing Vampire Lucy, if we do get a season 2.

4. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Can't say I regret the cancellation much. The show had a lot going for it, but I really didn't care for Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Dracula, and now that I think about it, I'm very glad I won't have to see his performance in the role anymore.

6. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to miss it a little. I wasn't a fan of the first episode, but it eventually won me over and I enjoyed watching it each week.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm disappointed to see it go, I was very curious where they were going to go if they got a second season.

8. Greg Cox

I most regret that we'll never get to see Lucy the Vampire on the loose.

9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

To echo things that have been said, yeah, I'm disappointed but not entirely surprised by this news. It was a fun series, and I was curious how Cole Haddon and his team were planning on ramping up the crazy in season two.

10. Greg Cox

Then again, even as Dracula fades, we have Penny Dreadful picking up the torch . . . .

"Hail Dracula! Cancel one show and two more will rise up in its place!"

11. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

This.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you watch the first episode yet? I watched it when it was up on the Showtime website for free and really enjoyed it. Sadly I don't have Showtime on my cable, so I'll have to wait for it to come to Blu-Ray/streaming to see more of it.