Kate Mulgrew's Memoir "Born with Teeth".

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JanewayRulz!, Apr 12, 2015.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

+3 but I don't think you'll get anywhere since this person is very invested in made up gossip.

2. delenn13

delenn13 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Cool. I am ripping it to take camping to listen to while I am biking/hiking..etc. No way am I letting all those CD's get ruined. They would be expensive to replace. Gonna take the book though.

P.S. To Teacake:

"this person is very invested in made up gossip"? More like delusional. I put them on ignore(which I haven't used since 1998) because I got tired of the stabby comments about Ryan and Mulgrew. My mother taught me "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." So very rude. Kids, no manners...these days... I can say that..since I am over 60.

@JanewayRulz! You called it first and I have to agree. So does Google! http://www.slashgear.com/google-funded-troll-algorithm-targets-antisocial-behavior-20379916/

3. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

Thanks Delann:beer: ..Good Idea ..I extend my heart with overwhelming love for you ;), because love is all we need - according to The Beatles song " Love Love Loveeeeee";):lol:

Now i can be "delusional" alone in my world of love :guffaw::guffaw:.

Thanks for the "Kid" comment. I spend so many years trying to maintain my youth by using Oil of Ulay so i dont get wrinkles and for someone to call me a " Kid". Im overwhelmed . Now i can run out and buy that Bentley Continental GT , iv always crave.. Because im now officially a " Kid" ;-)

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

5. teacake

ROSA!

6. JanewayRulz!

^^I loved Miss Claudette in season 1 and Rosa in season 2.

I wonder who'll will replace them in my affections for season 3?

(And don't say "Red"... :mallory: cuz she's in a class unto herself!)

7. teacake

I'm hoping for more Big Boo.

8. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damn, now I wish I could remember where I saw the quote, but I believe there will be more Big Boo.

I was heartbroken for Miss Claudette.

As for the audio book, specifically what made it great for me is she's fantastic with pacing and adding emotion. I wasn't the least bit bored and wish she'd voice more books.

9. JanewayRulz!

10. Beawild

Beawild Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

11. Catarina

12. JanewayRulz!

Another positive review, until...

I read this somewhere recently ... not sure where, that there were at least 2 other future Trek stars on Ryan's Hope while Mulgrew was there.

Andrew Robinson = Garak of DS9 and Catherine Hicks = Gillian of ST IV: Voyage Home.

I suppose we could say 3, but Christian Slater's character in RH came after Mulgrew left and his role in ST VI: The Undiscovered Country didn't even rate a name beyond, "Excelsior Communications Officer" so its probably best if we leave him off the list. ;)

13. Catarina

I get how Mulgrew believes her book came full circle. She basically spoke what lead up to Danielle's arrival to the loss to reunion but she tells her life in a way where you know there's more and want to hear/read it. She's a gifted story teller.

14. JanewayRulz!

Her last stop on her book tour.

58 minutes with Kate in Toronto. :mallory:

She read a different excerpt this time, the one with her and her mom on the cruise ship. :weep:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  15. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I have read brief exerpts from her memoir and I have to say I really enjoy it. She draws you in her life in a way that's really different from any writer before. Especially when dealing with darkness in life, such as the rape. I never knew that! Bless her heart! And I must say her daughter looks like a darkheaded version of her with the smile and everything. Its quite eerie! I was so glad to read that she found her after all those years of giving her up for adoption. Kate Mulgrew is indeed one strong-willed lady! :)

16. Catarina

"Time's up!" Still sounds gnomish but puts Garrett's impersonation of Kate to further shame. I mean, you know it's good if Kate is amused rather than death glaring, right? :-)

"Because she might fall into a pregnancy!"- Kate about why no j/c. hahahahaha. I saw that coming. She's getting comedic timing down pretty well.

Thanks for posting!

17. JanewayRulz!

18. Beawild

Beawild Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That's great!!! It ranks #8. I'm happy for Kate. :)

19. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

20. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

The kind of parent most children should drop from their lives as soon as they're able-I sure would.