Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by 22 Stars, Nov 17, 2011.

1. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds about right, given the negativity I'll probably wait and pick this one up when it hits 20 bucks (which probably won't take long ... )

2. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The game isn't even that much of a story; it feels much more like an episode. Still, I have to admit I'm not disappointed considering how low my expectations were. I like the fact they got the actors to reprise their roles (Pine, Quinto, Urban, Yelchin, Pegg, Cho, and Saldana) and an epic score from Michael Giacchino. Nonetheless, you can have these things but a game is still nothing without a good story.

I'm just glad I didn't have to spend $60 and find this out the hard way. :devil:

3. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

I love it! The graphics are decent enough, the gameplay goes from challenging to maddening, the research points are hilarious, the environments (especially the inside of the Enterprise)are fantastic, and the voice-acting is spot on.

More importantly, it's just a fun game, combining action-adventure, shoot-em-up, and puzzles. I think it's a blast!

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Agreed. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of it.

5. Kruezerman

Thank you, I think the reviewers have a bad copy or something. Because mine works beautifully. Then again I'm running a 360.

6. BillJ

Same here. I'll notice glitches here and there where Spock gets stuck but nothing gamebreaking.

7. BillJ

Anyone here having any trouble figuring out how to get past the chasm on the Frontier Starbase? I'm stumped.

8. Kruezerman

9. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In the shuttlebay? I had Kirk sprint, then jump across the broken bridge.

10. BillJ

I've just tried it 30 times in a row and every time jumping right from the ledge Kirk makes it about halfway and it's like he hits a wall and falls straight down.

11. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really? I never got that. The one time I messed up, I either let go of the sprint button and/or took a bad angle when I jumped.

12. BillJ

I'm playing on the 360 and even switched controllers. Same issue. I've tried changing where he's looking when he jumps even and still no success. Frustrating.

13. Kruezerman

Get a good run before you jump it. I had a similar problem.

14. BillJ

I've started from the end of the hallway. Kirk had to have ran forty-yards by the time he jumps and it's just like he hits a wall. :guffaw:

15. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You'd think that with so little Abramsverse material they'd be able to keep the stardates consistent.

You'd be wrong.

(There are 7 collectible tribbles throughout the game; picking up each one adds a snippet to the Research Data, with Scotty retelling the events of the "The Truth About Tribbles" comic arc. The comic has a stardate of 2259.155, while the game supposedly takes place back on 2259.32-33. I'm going to pretend that Kirk can't type and the comic is really 2259.15. ;))

16. Kruezerman

:shrug:Hmm, you may want to restart from the last checkpoint then.

17. BillJ

Same result, even my daughter tried it with the same result.

18. BillJ

After twenty minutes my daughter finally got it. :lol:

19. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

This is one frustrating game. There are times when for as much as 10 or 15 minutes it's a lot of fun, then suddenly it's not clear what we're supposed to do (my wife and I are playing co-op on Xbox 360s), or something glitches, or we can't jump over that damn shuttlebay chasm, or...

In the last few months I've played Bioshock Infinite, Gears of War Judgment, Dead Space 3, and Halo 4, and this is nowhere near being in their league. The much-maligned Aliens Colonial Marines was better than this.

I really expected something more.

20. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

I'd enjoy it a lot more if the split screen was vertical rather than horizontal (aside from maybe the space battle). Spending 40 minutes on a puzzle because we can't see the floor is frustrating.

Also, how do you resume co-op so that they other player keeps their upgrades? So far, we've had to use chapters, and that meant that my Spock lost all of his XP. :scream: