New "Star Wars" comic set between ANH and TESB

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 12, 2012.

1. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Speak for yourself. There are quite a few readers (like myself) who haven't had much (if any) exposure to the Rebellion era outside of the films. I've read more about Cade Skywalker than Luke Skywalker.
    :)

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

It features the ANH cast in the days following the Battle of Yavin. The rebels are searching for a new location for their base, but the Empire seems to always be one step ahead of them at every location that they scout.

Mon Mothma realizes that there is a spy inside of the Alliance, and she authorizes Leia to form a secret X-Wing squadron, including Luke and Wedge Antilles, outside of the chain of command with a two-fold mission: ferret out the spy and find a new base.

Meanwhile, Han and Chewie on on a mission of their own to Coruscant, while being tracked by Slave One.

On the Imperial side of the coin, Palpatine, as punishment for losing the Death Star, has relieved Vader of command of his Star Destroyer and replaced him with an ambitious new officer, who I image isn't long for this world. :lol:

3. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In that case, you owe it to yourself to pick up the A Long Time Ago omnibuses of the Marvel comics that Dark Horse put out a few years ago. :)

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got the first two issues tonight. So far, so good; it has my interest.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

6. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Don't need to. I got the current Star Wars ongoing series.
    ;)