The new post Patrick Moore sky at night?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by stoneroses, Feb 8, 2013.

1. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the first episode of the sky at night without Patrick Moore was ok But it needs a real presenter. Dr Lintot was ok, but dr lucie green ain't got it and came across as patronising, sure she is very knowledgable but she dose not have the skill of putting it over that Patrick Moore had. What they need is either someone who is learned but enthusiastic like Dara o'brien or Brian cox who is enthusiastic and knowledgable. Sure keep the others but get a real presenter to front it.

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I'd have thought Brian Cox was an obvious shoo-in

3. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me too. They need somebody with more charisma. Some of this months show was like it was on children's BBC

4. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

The gig probably doesn't pay enough or have enough of an audience to attract Dara O'Briain or Brian Cox. What about Brian May? He's probably got enough money and fame already and he co-wrote a book with Moore. There was also that other expert on Stargazing Live, Mark Thompson, although he cocked up a well-known factoid about stars.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

This. Plus the regularity would be annoyingly demanding on most people's schedules, especially those with other filming commitments. It would only appeal to an academic without a broader media profile, or someone approaching the latter part of their career, or somone like Brian May, who as you mentioned, who doesn't need to worry about money or another career.