So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just posted my review for the fourth part of the Mere Anarchy series, The Darkness Drops Again by Christopher.

Just started reading the fifth part, The Blood-Dimmed Tide by Howard Weinstein.

2. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Started with the German version of Christopher's Orion's Hounds (Die Hunde des Orion). Nice to re-read it after all these years.

3. apollo1984

apollo1984 Commander Red Shirt

Picked up my post destiny novels again, I am currently on Titans Synthesis, which is the first time I have ever read it, a few things feel off but I will still continue to read it.

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

About to start on Hells Foundations Quiver by David Weber.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since my last post I also started Roar and Liv: An Under the Never Sky Story. It's a prequel novella focusing on a couple of the supporting characters from the UTNS series.

6. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I only finally just finished reading "A Choice of Futures" as I had done other things and then returned to it. Very good read when I finally returned. I have not gone through all of the TV series but much enjoyed the book. Other sundry reading lately includes:
    "Enlightenment 2.0" by Joseph Heath (2014)
    "The Sanity of William Blake" by Greville MacDonald (1920)
    "Alcohol & Drug Problems" (2nd ed.) edited by Harrison & Carver (1997)
    "The Diamond Marriage" by Simon Vibert (2005?)
    "The Bottom Billion" by Paul Collier (2007)
    "The Plundered Planet" by Paul Collier (2010)
    "I am not sick, I don't need help!" by Xavier Amador (2012, 10th ann. ed.)
    "A Choice of Futures" by Christopher L. Bennett (2013, ROTF #1)
    Hope to complete the trilogy and maybe read:
    "Exodus" by Paul Collier (2013) plus other books.
    Oh, and maybe I shall purchase and download "Lives of Dax" as it is about time.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  7. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Into "Perfidia" by James Ellroy now...

8. Kertrats47

9. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I recently finished reading the first novels in the Double Helix mini series book 1 Infection by John Betencourt and book 2 Vectors by Dean Weasley Smith& Kristine Katherine Rusch.

10. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I quickly read Star Trek: Enterprise, Rise of the Federation: "Tower of Babel" by Christopher L. Bennett (2014). Much went into that book. Kirk was not the only historian finding his voice. What was his rank? I seem to have forgotten. Ahh. Lieutenant Samuel Kirk. And he seems perhaps to have a family tree too. I only feel like I read the book too quickly and must return to it for more. Can a Section 31 agent successfully go "off the reserve?" All I can do is continue reading and hope for a few more scraps. But this book is very satisfying. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  11. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished Hunters in the dark by Peter David. I liked it.

I'm now on to Child of two Worlds by Greg Cox and so far I'm finding it very enjoyable.

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"The Devil's Only Friend" by Dan Wells. The fourth book in a series about a teenager with serial killer tendencies who kills demons instead. Think DEXTER meets BUFFY.

Also: "Imperial Life in the Emerald City," a fascinating non-fiction look at the American occupation of Iraq.

13. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm in the last pages of the ST Costume Book (not worth list, but well worth what one can get as a B&N member, online, with a discount coupon, with lots of interesting tidbits I never knew).

And in my car, I'm about a chapter into the last piece in the OZ Story 6 literary magazine, an illustrated reprint of Baum's Annabel. Other major pieces in that double-length final issue include Oz and the Three Witches, by Hugh Pendexter III, Trot of Oz, by Glenn Ingersoll and Eric Shanower, and The Rundelstone of Oz, by Eloise Jarvis McGraw

14. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading a book about the Summa Theologica by St Thomas Aquinas called Spiritual Theology by Peter Kreeft. Very dense stuff.

I'm probably going to take a break from that for a couple days and read Star Wars: The Perfect Weapon.

15. Kertrats47

My review of #16 in the S.C.E. series, Oaths by Glenn Hauman, is up.

Reading Child of Two Worlds by Greg Cox, which Chapters actually had in stock on release day for once!

16. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I started book 3 in the Double helix mini series Red Sector by Diane Carey.

17. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ughhhh :rolleyes:

18. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished The Expanse: Levathian Wakes about a week ago.

I'm currently about half way through Star Trek: Titan: Sight Unseen by James Swallow.

19. Kertrats47

Just posted my review of Greg Cox's newest, Child of Two Worlds.

Currently reading another Greg Cox novel, Q-Strike, the third book in his Q Continuum trilogy.

20. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm currently reading TOS: Child of Two Worlds. I'm really liking it so far. I'm also reading ENT: The Good That Men Do. The star wars reading bug finally wore off of me. Now i'm wanting to get caught up on all the post-series Enterprise books, the Voyager books from Full Circle to current, then TNG: Cold Equations and everything past that. So i have quite a bit of reading to do.