M'ress appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Moodib, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Moodib

Moodib Lieutenant Red Shirt

A thread for those who like this character.

I think she is one of the most underrated characters ever in the the ST universe, she deserves more attention and gets fan art now and needs an action figure.

26 years ago when i was 4 watching the animated show on Nick, i had a crush on her and it was her with Cleo from Heathcliff and Cheetara that started my fascination with catgirls. This Caitlan beauty had such a sexy voice and a good personality as well.

Now if a man mated with her or any girls of her Caitlan race, what would the offspring of a human and caitlan look like? would it be a full caitlain or a weird fusion of human/caitlan? would the baby be adorable or a freak?

I mean there are hybrids in the ST universe including human and other alien race mixes like everyone's beloved Spock who is human and vulcan for instance.

2. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Others have seen this piece already, but since you opened this subject, here's an animation styled portrait I made way back in 1997, maybe 98 for a late friend's tribute site.

[​IMG]

He specifically wanted M'Ress depicted in a "Wrath of Khan" uniform. (Considering she's covered in fur, she's probably about to suffer a "meltdown" in that attire. The "Heavy Metal" styled background came from a Corel clip-art CD.

Sincerely,

Bill

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

"Caitlan?"

4. Redfern

I can see how one might assume that spelling. Casually glanced, that second "i" can be mistaken for a lower case "l".

That does raise a question. How should "Caitian" be pronounced? I've always assumed it was...

KAY shun

...but I realized I could be very well mistaken.

Sincerely,

Bill

5. Moodib

M'ress looks great in that WOK uniform.

Who'd love to see her with Arrex in the next ST movie?

There's just something appealing about catgirls as they have enchanted men for years just like Mermaids, elves or fairies have. Even the Japanese dig them, in cartoons and games there has been catgirls that some guys dug over the years let it be M'ress, Cleo from Heathcliff, Callie Briggs from Swat Kats, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Cheetara from Thundercats, Aishia Clan Clan from Outlaw Star, Jenny from Bucky O'Hare, cheetah on Justice League, Mirage from Aladdin The Series, Puma Sisters from Dominion Tank Police, Kit Mambo from Animalympics to even Selena Kyle on that one Batman TAS episodes where she turns into a REAL Catwoman, all cuties.

Now would a Caitlain/Human fusion offspring would look like it has a human body and human face with cat-ears and tail?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I pronounce it KAEE-tee-ann. But since I'm Italian, I have probably no clue about English pronunciation. ;)

Nekomimi?

7. Moodib

Oh yes Nekos, the hybrid child of a catperson and a human.

8. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Slightly off topic, but have you ever read Cordwainer Smith? Some of his SF stories feature catgirls. For example, his character Underperson C'Mell (who appears in the novel Norstrilia). Some say that his stories are the origin of catgirls.

9. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

It might end up looking like Ruby Keeler in a cheap costume.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]

Chekov appreciates M'Ress

11. Moodib

Nope but maybe i should rent them from my city's library.

12. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Hm. Another internet pussy thread.

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The lack of M'ress and Caitians in general from canon/on-screen Trek is a constant crime for which I will not forgive the franchise, I want my cat women damnit! :lol:

14. Redfern

Could be worse. Might inherit the feline shape but be relatively hairless like a human, thus looking like a bipedal sphinx breed. :wtf: Eww. :eek:

Sincerely,

Bill

15. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I could have done without seeing that particular one again though.

17. Redfern

Liked the mane-like hair the actress wore (very M'Ress-like), but that was about it. In my mind, that ain't no Caitian. Three breasts, no fur, plantigrade feet, uh-uh.

Actually, she'd work well as "Eccentrica Galumbits, the triple breast wh*re of Eroticon VI" referenced several times within the Hitchhiker's Guide, but as a Caitian, sorry, nope, not buying it.

Now, the makeup used to depict the felinoid "Sisters of Plenitude" in the Doctor Who episode 'New Earth", particularly that of Novice Hame...that was fantastic! One of the few times a feline character has been presented with plush fur upon the face!

Sincerely,

Bill

18. mb22

mb22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

19. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Redfern

Thanks for the links, especially that first one! Those really showcase the 'Hame" make-up in glorious detail! A few of those shots I've never seen until accessing that link.

Can you imagine the logistics of having to apply something like this not just to the face, but also the neck and hands? There's a reason beyond the story why those cat women were dressed in habits and wipples.

Sincerely,

Bill