Romance between Kirk and Carol?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Gsam, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Gsam

Gsam Lieutenant Red Shirt

What are your thoughts on the relationship between Carol and Kirk as in will there be one or will they just have a fling or perhaps decide it is better to focus on career or........fill in the blanks.

Will she even be with Kirk or will it be McCoy or maybe no one. How big a role will she have in the next movie. Thoughts on this...

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I predict that Kirk and Carol will have a daughter in this timeline. It's just the kind of AU twist they did in Fringe with Olivia and Peter's kid, Henry in one universe and Henrietta in the other.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

They could name her Cara. It's derivative of Carol and also means "beloved" like David.

4. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Trek XIII: Knocked Up.

5. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suspect that Carol will get pregnant and we will find out what kind of man James Tiberious Kirk really is! They will have their fling, which will seem tacked on, and when he finds out he got her pregant ... he's just gonna be like, "I ain't having that ..." and try to convince her to let Bones give her an abortion. She will find herself seriously considering it, too! McCoy, being a father himself, has his own inner battles with suddenly finding himself involved in Kirk's personal life ... putting their friendship to The Test!

Carol leaves the ship pregnant, as Kirk shows her to the shuttlecraft picking her up. She lifts her eyes to meet his, hoping that he will do the right thing and make an Honest Woman out of her. Instead, he tells her that he'd prefer not knowing anything about the child, as it would only distract him and be an added stress factor, which he is not prepared for ... and, frankly, doesn't want. She shakes her head in disbelief as she turns to walk away, fighting back the tears. "Well, what did you expect Carol?" she says to herself - adding, "You knew what you were in for. Anyway, now you have your family to think of ..." as she strokes her belly and the shuttle doors close behind her. She doesn't look back ..

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

No. She will get pregnant and put off telling him because, angst. Then there will be a crisis and he will choose the ship over her which will lead to her leaving the Enterprise and him, pregnancy unrevealed.

That is the destiny.

7. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Then take up smoking to get the raspy voice.

8. 2takesfrakes

Exactly! To sound like Janeway ...

9. 2takesfrakes

Vodka helps with that, too!

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Nothing like booze and cigs when you're preggers.

11. teacake

Carol wouldn't do any of that. She's kickass.

12. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I predict she's gonna hook up with Bones instead. ;)

13. teacake

That'd be hot.

14. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

So he's gonna Bones her?

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So sayeth Darth Teacake.

16. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

This is my Rom-com idea
    Kirk and Marcus are Friends With Benefits. She gets pregnant but she really likes McCoy who won't make the moves on her because he's still too traumatised over his divorce. Meanwhile Spock and Uhura are sad because they are trying for a baby and can't have one.
    It all ends up that Kirk goes on a one-way mission and McCoy promises to raise the baby as his own with Marcus.

Or we can go the way of my preferred option that Marcus isn't foolish enough in this timeline to get involved with one James T Kirk.

17. teacake

:: wipes a tear ::

Oh, I need another glass of chardonnay!

18. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Steady hands makes light work.

19. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I liked Carol ok in some of her scenes without Kirk, but thought the chemistry with Kirk and Carol was awful. I'd prefer if Carol left the Enterprise before the next movie, with some vague clue to the audience that she could be pregnant, or at least make it clear that she left after a fling with Kirk, just like Chapel.
    I'd prefer the next movie have Chapel and Rand in the crew, with Chapel as a love interest for McCoy and Rand for Kirk.

20. Gsam

Gsam Lieutenant Red Shirt

I agree with you whole heartedly but I do believe I read that Alice Eve was signed on for the next movie. When asked about this she joked about having a romance and a baby so maybe (I know, but a girl can dream) since they usually are so secretive about story lines this time around they will have a different out come. But something tells me with they way this reboot is going there will be a romance and a child. Though maybe we will get lucky. Seems that even with Spock and Uhura that not much romance is shown nor much relationship material with regards to issues except in a humorous manner. In other words I have no idea.