The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

It's true, the "Only Couple" thing gives them a certain invulnerability, but, they can always bring Carol and Darryl together.

2. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I think Glenn has a little more armor than Maggie because he is so likable and, to a lesser extent, he is one of their very few 'minority' characters (and one of the few east-Asians on TV in general).

If they're smart, and I'm not convinced they are, they have an opportunity here to build them into a healthy and mature relationship that can become the heart of the group. Then, after another season or two of their fight to maintain their love and happiness through the darkness, this lone bright spot can be snuffed out for the most emotional impact.

Alternatively: Kill Maggie at the hands of Merle or someone else from within their group. Glenn turns dark in a very introverted and bitter way rather than the crazy rage that Rick went to. Glenn starts to blame Rick for allowing it to happen. Glenn decides Rick is too dangerous to keep around. Cue subplot of season V.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Hopefully they won't do either of those things. It would be much more interesting to see the living characters develop than to have them killed.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

...and he's not used as the bit player "geek" asian friend/sidekick to a white guy stereotype, which has been used in films and sitcoms for several years.

That's the kind of gimmick i've grown sick of in modern tv; everything has to be tragedy--if it is not grim, it is not drama. Even in a horror-themed series, there has to be some positive threads/situations, or its nothing but sadism masked as fiction.

The series has provided a number of shock deaths (Lori, T-Dog, Sophia, et al), and while we understand that the heroes face threats both living and zombie, picking off the main cast like clay pigeons is not proving how "real" the producers can be.

I see that happening anyway, despite Rick having to pick up the slack for Glenn in the bar (S2), mounting his successful rescue, etc. Glenn already believes Rick is half-crazed, so whether anyone dies or not, Glenn may feel he's earned his "manhood" stripes, and even faced up to Merle--all enough to take over.

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope they don't kill Phillip Blake (aka the Governor) at the end of the season. I can see him maybe escaping and hooking up with bad humans and coming back. I could also see a scenario where another group of bad guys (maybe Randal's group) comes after Woodbury, and the Woodbury people join with the prison group to fight an even worse group.

6. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have to say: my enthusiasm for the show has a waned a little lately. I'm starting to think that the extended seasons are a mistake and they should have stuck with, at most, a 13 ep season schedule. Besides removing some of the need for padding it might have helped keep the per episode budget up.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

9. the G-man

Yeah I figured it was a question of when not if with that character

10. the G-man

Slight digression here. The more I look at Lauren Cohan The more I think she should play the wasp in a future avengers movie

11. TREK_GOD_1

I could post something...but I will be good and leave this alone. :)

12. TREK_GOD_1

That's not a bad idea. she's young enough and with her shorter hair, she could swing the classic Wasp look.

Good thinking!

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You are only saying that because she did that sex scene last week on the show.:devil:

14. the G-man

Thanks. She really does sort of look like a George Perez drawing of Janet Van Dyne to me

15. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, that's a great idea. Somebody at Marvel Studios PLEASE call her agent! :bolian:

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

"You know Merle." Nice try Andrea. :)

We've come a long way from that screwdriver scene in the RV, now all you need is a two-inch jackknife to drive through a skull.

17. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

To read the spoiler or not to read the spoiler...

18. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I did. Don't know why, since I hate most spoilers. I was a little surprised to find that those spoilers weren't for tonight's ep.

19. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, some of them were

20. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral