The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

The iconic hands scene is more like Frodo and Sam nearly smooshing at the end of return of the king.Yeah in a way men will always chose each other.:)

However I gurantee you that Kirl will have sex with that blond chick,who did a bad screaming in the trailer(her acting was kind of bad in that scene) .

But in all seriousness, If Spock dies in this film and this film is not as good as good as WOK, therre will be a backlash.I cant wait for the TOS purist to jump for joy and rejoice when the film start geting bad reviews. in other words my worst nightmare.

Like I said eariler in one my post the success of this film will depend on the word of mouth. if there is any inferior comparsion with wrath of khan...it could all go bad for JJ Trek.

I will just have to hope and pray that Iron Man 3 is terrible like the 2nd film. Its the only way star trek 13 can win very well at the box office and therefore get a third film to wrap things up.

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who is that with the semi-pointy ears in the last scene?

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

You must have whiplash from all this backlash you are so worried about.

4. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Impressive teaser.

Blond girl = Chapel?

5. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Gollum. All that lava is Mt Doom.

6. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

I just realized that there is one thing I didn't see. Lens Flares!

7. teacake

Too pretty.

8. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

Anthony Pascale has analysis of each screenshot over at Trekmovie. I found this screenshot of Cumberbatch spinning around and doing a Chuck Norris kick on a Klingon. Look at Cumberbatch's face. It looks totally alien and he has no hands.

http://scifanatic.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/stid-t1-23.jpg

[Hotlinked image converted to link. Please do not post inline images not hosted on your own web space. - M']

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  9. teacake

You can see a finger on his left hand. And finger tips on his right. I think they are just pulled into his sleeves OR he's wearing gloves with the tips cut off.

10. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

His hands are just fine :confused:
    He has those glove thingys on. And his face is just distorted from the motion and the effort of the kick, nothing alien about it.

11. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, good point - and Spock offering the Vulcan salute to his former captain. Actually, I like that theory (even though I wouldn't appreciate Pike's death at all. I really loved him ST XI)...

12. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

BWOOOOOOORMMM

*fade to black*

BWOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRMM

*fade to black*

YAAAWWWWNNNN

(Nothing against the film, just the woefully generic trailer/teaser that we've seen a billion times)

13. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

I don't think so. What is happening with the face? If he is a Mitchell and has god like powers, it's possible he transforms into the alien we never saw in Where No Man Has Gone Before.

14. teacake

Motion.

15. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Yeah I kind of do,

First the poster comes out and people are calling it a rip off of the dark knight even YAHOO.com wrote an article on how it was too similar to Nolan's batman.You cant get more main stream than YAHOO and now there is a 85% chance that Nu-Spock will die.

I do strongly have faith is in JJ Abrams,he has has never done anything that has officially sucked.So yeah .

But the thing is,this film can only go in two direction good or bad. it is not attack of the clones of quantum of solace that can stay in the middle.

I am not a fan that is bitching about how this is not star trek,I will leave that too the fans at Startrek.com and Trek movie.

it is star trek obviously.I am just worried about the film critical and commercial success. If we want a third film we better pray that the film has both.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's a.... "good" teaser trailer and the movie does look like a good, fun, ride, but... Ugh, it just doesn't "feel like Star Trek" to me. It just looks like another summer action movie for wanking to FX and action.

We'll see, but I would have hoped for something more. And movie trailers need to stop using the Inception bass-drop for music.

I'll see this movie, I may even like it -that part I can't know yet- but I really have to accept that "real Trek" is dead and it's now trying to please the masses who just want to see things crash and blow up in between cool scenes of people falling and fighting.

17. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

Attack of the Clones and Quantum of Solace are your idea of staying in the middle? Really?

Please.

Stop.

Typing.

Like.

This.

Its.

Very.

Annoying.

18. teacake

You think your Trek is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you.

19. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Not sure ... but he did post a link to the trailer on facebook earlier.

20. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

it doesn't seem like star trek to me.
    Uhura crying is giving me so many bad feels...

(shipper side here: where are my Spock/Uhura? )