new Farscape comic by O'Bannon & KRAD

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by KRAD, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

I got my copy today from "The Forbidden Planet" in the UK (there was only a couple left on the shelves) and I've already read it twice, it's wonderful to have Farscape back in some way...

I'm not too keen on the way the Hynerians are drawn, but the rest the of the cast look great. And there's lots going on, many things I liked and most importantly the humour is there and pitched just right for Farscape (e.g. Jothee's "problem" and Chiana running through the corridors wear nothing but a pair of handcuffs and a holster. :guffaw: )

But there's deeper things going on too - Aeryn having trouble dealing with motherhood whilst Crichton finds fatherhood a breeze. And who's on that mysterious ship? :confused:

How long until part two? There's no way I'm waiting for the TPB!!! ;)

2. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Glad to hear it's so well received, I'm still waiting for the copy I ordered a few months ago to show up. I hope it does soon or I may try to get it somewhere else, if possible.

3. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

4. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Are those covers at the link you've posted the final cover art? I ask because I didn't see them on an earlier link to Boom's site: Link.

5. KRAD

Yup. These two issues simply haven't made it onto BOOM!'s site yet.

6. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, TWO new series after this one? That's crazy. But in a great way!

I still have no read the first issue. I purchased it, but because of the weather delays and everything else, I started to re-watch the series from the beginning again. Figure take it all in and then dive into the comics, collecting them along the way.

I'm almost done season 2, so, I think I'll be reading them before the 3rd issue is out at this pace.

For what it's worth, my brother read the issue.
    "It was exactly like an episode!" was what he said. And I can't think of higher praise! Can't wait to get there!!

7. KRAD

^ Glad to hear it! Hope you like it as much as your brother did....

8. KRAD

9. M'rk son of Mogh

Too soon!

Life keeps getting in the way of my finishing the series before reading these! Just finished season 2...

And issue #1 is sitting next to my desk taunting me as I write...

10. KRAD

11. M'rk son of Mogh

A very hearty congrats on all involved in the book!! You guys must be ecstatic! All the hard work is showing and paying off, and I'm thankful too! Just read this:

Gagnon, along with editor Ian Brill, also edits “Farscape.” The first issue, which came out in December, is BOOM!’s best selling book of all time, selling out in five days. The second issue also sold out. “We’ve never done a second printing on a second issue in the four year history of BOOM!” Mosher said, until “Farscape #2.”

Richie said the book was bringing “Farscape” fans into comic shops. “A lot of fans who don’t even particularly read comics just came in because they’re fans of ‘Farscape,’” Richie said. “Hopefully they picked up something else while they were in there.”

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20238

12. KRAD

13. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Hey, KRAD, any news as to when TPBs/Collected volumes will be released yet?

14. KRAD

I believe (though I'm not 100% sure) that the plan is to get the hardcover edition of the collection out within a month or two of the release of #4, with the paperback edition to follow later in the year.

15. Bob The Skutter

Cool. Thanks. I've been searching Amazon every few weeks just waiting to preorder it, and I've not seen it.
    Hmm, just did a search and 3 are now showing up for release in August, November and December. They seem to be on the expensive side though.
    Amazon.

16. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Has anyone got a full synosis for the first 3?

17. KRAD

Coming next Wednesday (the 15th of April): Farscape: Strange Detractors #1, kicking off the next four-issue miniseries!

Here's a preview....

18. KRAD

Our first flashback miniseries will kick off this coming Wednesday, the 29th of April, with BOOM! Studios' release of the first issue of Farscape: D'Argo's Lament #1. Featuring D'Argo and Jool on an adventure between "Revenging Angel" and "Fractures," this miniseries is written by me all by my lonesome (albeit with Unca Rockne looking over my shoulder), with amazing art by Neil Edwards.

Here's a preview......

19. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, let's see, we've got...

Forge
    Doherty
    Greg Cox
    Teresa
    Patrick

and, according to the first page, you are the 'writter' of all this.

20. Bob The Skutter

I'm sorry to say I probably won't even be buying the collected editions, not now that I've seen the price. They're a few quid higher than I'm willing to go.