In A Mirror, Darkly: Best cold open ever?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JirinPanthosa, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

I loved the opening for this show!
    Funny thing is that I watched it once with my Mother, she has never seen FC or any Trek except for a couple of TOS shows when they were first broadcast. When the dramatic First Contact scene, with all of it's wondrous music and drama suddenly ended wit a gunshot and the humans storming the landed ship she broke up laughing- funniest thing she had scene in a long time.

About of the show I loved seeing a Constitution Class flying around and demonstrating what it could really do which I have always wanted to see- the Remastered episode with the Doomsday Machine did this somewhat.
    By far my favorite bit was meeting a Tholian and seeing WTF they really looked like- a great interpretation from what we saw in the TOS Viewscreen and a real alien instead of a actor with a bumpy forehead.
    I must confess I am more hardware and SFX driven that losing myself in a character's motivations and such. I was sorry to see Archer get it in the end, I was really trying routing for him. While he was, of course, EVIL, he also thought outside the box and recognized an opportunity when others were content to dismiss it.

2. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, it put to rest (or should have) all the debate about the NX-01 being too advanced compared to 23rd and 24th century ships.
    You should pick up the "Glass Empires" short story book. It features a continuation of the Ent MU story (and a GREAT continuation of the TOS MU story). There is also a full length sequel novel featuring the Ent MU story which I haven't read.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

And she did have the cutest laugh.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually the full length novel is a version of the TOS MU story (The Sorrows Of Empire).

5. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

No, I know I know about The Sorrows of the Empire full length novel (and if the novel is even half as good as the short story version, it is great). I'm referring to the full length novel sequel to Mike Sussman's Ent MU short story in Glass Empires.

Maybe the Ent MU novel sequel was never released, but I do recall seeing ads for it. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

6. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Do you only care about the Starks on "Game of Thrones"?

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

You don't care about them. You just think they're fun to watch.

They're no more detestable than the cast of, say, Sopranos or Game of Thrones.

8. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Everything about Mirror, darkly was awesome. The opening credits, the all-in-mirror-universe plot, the TOS crossover... everything.