If you like watching Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by JRoss, Jan 5, 2011.

1. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

then you'll likely love playing this game. It's basically a solo rpg/choose your own adventure book with tons of replayability. It's free, and the author puts out a new expansion every month. He's also great at taking feedback and constructive criticism, as I've had some pretty positive interchanges with him.

2. JRoss

I see that 58 people read this thread. Anyone check out the game?

3. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

They're probably still trying to make sense out of the rather complex webpage (what to download, etc). I've personally filed it under "check back when I have a couple of free hours". Looks interesting.

Alex

4. JRoss

Sorry, the site isn't complex to me, as I was already a member of Boardgamegeek.com. You only need four pdfs to play, and Simon's listed them as such. After that, if you like the core game, there are a dozen odd expansions. There's also a Yahoo group that gets the releases a month early.

5. TyberiusDeAngelo

TyberiusDeAngelo Lieutenant Red Shirt

This actually looks VERY cool!

6. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Uh, okay, is this the "Play a fun game I also like thread"? Why, Doctor Who fans will also love playing this: http://www.play.net/gs4/
    :techman:

7. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I was making a bit of a joke - though it isn't as directly simple as might be suggested. But I do agree nonetheless that it looks cool. Sadness being I don't have a working printer at the moment.

Alex

8. JRoss

23skiddoo, let me tell you that printing it out takes hours, lots of pages and lots of ink. The developer said that he has expansions plotted through 2011 and some of 2012, after which he may stop. I and the majority of the players simply use pdf files.

Also, BGG.com isn't completely user-friendly, it took me a bit to get the hang of it, and I forgot about that.