The New Enterprise in 3D! ... NOW FINISHED (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MadMan1701A, Nov 13, 2008.

1. GothTrek

GothTrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hee hee hee... I am having WAY too much fun with this...

2. GothTrek

If you can do the STOGAM variant of your mesh, here is the color sheet I made for my team WAAAAAY back before we even had any finalized meshes, showing them how the paint scheme should look for Galactic Order vessels. I can send you a high res image of the GO symbol as well.

Peter

[​IMG]

3. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

4. MadMan1701A

NICE! Now I have new Wallpaper for my PC at work. :)

-=MadMan=-

5. MadMan1701A

Interesting... Is this some sort of Mirror Universe deal?

It certainly is Red. :)

-=MadMan=-

6. GothTrek

You've never seen Star Trek: Of Gods and Men? This is the paint scheme I designed for the Galactic Order in that movie. I am surprised if you have not heard of it. It has Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, Alan Ruck all reprising thier original roles, as well as a slew of other Trek alumni.

www.startrekofgodsandmen.com

I was the Visual Effects Producer and Costume Designer for that film.

Peter

7. MadMan1701A

No I haven't, but going to they website there, I'm going to. :)

Is there some kind of way to download these to watch on my TV, or do I have to watch it with the streaming flash?

It looks very interesting!

-=MadMan=-

8. GothTrek

Unfortunately, the producers opted for some strange reason not to make them available for download, only streaming, but rumor has it that if you buy a cheap Trek print over at Lightspeed Fine Arts, that you get a copy of the film on DVD as a bonus gift. Not so sure about how comfortable I am with that as my team isn't seeing a penny from that, and neither should the producers for legal reasons, but I guess if you REALLY wanted a free copy of the DVD, that is the way to do it. Otherwise, yes, you have to watch it streaming.

Sorry about that. Beyond my control.

9. GothTrek

I was sharing the images I made with Madman1701A's JJPrise with the team I supervised for STOGAM, and ironically, as it turns out, one of them has made his own mesh of the Big E as he thought it could have been for the new movie. I got his permission to share it with you and some of you may already be familiar with Roliba's work, but here are the images. I also have a quicktime movie of how the bussard caps work if anyone is interested in seeing it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Sin87

Sin87 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Loved the CG stuff for STOGAM & I would really like to see ether more episodes set in this changed universe or a series set in the mirror verse.
    I'm wondering if there's a list of the ships or wallpaper around as I've been trying to identify a few of them, but unfortunately I can't find any data on the topic.
    I found the Connie redesign so interesting that I often find myself fitting my concept work with that omega launcher device.

A joke idea from I had a few weeks ago
    [​IMG]

11. judexavier

judexavier Commander Red Shirt

Wow. Do you have any higher resolution versions? Love to see some of the details. I personally like the exposed piping/"plasma conduits", and those bussard mechanisms. (But, I am an admitted "greeble-haulic") :)

Very, very nice!!

12. MadMan1701A

I agree, that is very interesting. :) Some of the details are surprisingly accurate. :)

-=Madman=-

13. MadMan1701A

Not a problem. I'll just hook up the laptop to the TV. I'll let you know how I like it.

-=MadMan=-

14. GothTrek

15. Sin87

I find this design hard to like as it seems very similer to the Bonaventure from TAS, but with the CG TOS look, which really dosen't do it for me.

16. GothTrek

I am not posting any more about this mesh in this thread as i do not wish to hijack Madman1701A's thread. I will start a new thread if I have any new info on this.

17. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Madman1701A (and everyone else) these are tremendous designs. I've been following this thread since it started and Madman1701A, I must say your model almost has me liking the film design. Excellent work!

18. MadMan1701A

Thanks!

I thought I would post a comparison of all 3 revisions of this ship that I have built. It's obvious that it's helped me with me technique and taught me some patience. I built the first one in about a day, the second one in about a week, and the final one about 3 weeks, total. :)

[​IMG]

Taking your time counts for a lot. :)

-=MadMan=-

19. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

I was wondering with the bussard collectors. We really haven't seen them lit up while the Enterprise is at warp. I'm thinking that they actually could be more of the classic look with some form of redish (swirling) glow. A mixture of the Version One & Version Two bussards.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  20. Sin87

As I said over at Scifi-meshes.com
    "It dose amaze me how much this project has come on."