Helen Noel as a Regular

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by ZapBrannigan, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a fag and I've had plenty of hags over the years. I've never viewed the phrase negatively, more tongue in cheek - take a leaf out of Uhura's book or we'll never get there! Personally, I dunno if Sulu is straight or bi, it never came up, but his friendship with Rand was camp and cheeky. It would have been nice to see more of that in TOS.

2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It came up obliquely in "Mudd's Women" when he says "How I noticed." And it literally came up in ST:TMP when Ilia enters the bridge, to Sulu's distress.

I think the only aired events that call the character's interests into question are:

• The way he cradled Chekov's head in "The Tholian Web," which most straight guys would not do.
    • The scene in "The Way to Eden" when he zinged a hot girl with "How do you know what I want?" Most straight guys feel like it goes without saying, she knows what we want.

3. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's because you didn't see the out-takes where Shatner kept dropping Koenig on his head. :devil:

4. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

I dunno the fact that Kirk hooked up with her how wold Starfleet like that little factoid in Kirk's review?

5. ZapBrannigan

If we're still talking about Helen Noel, as far as we know Kirk never got her into the sack. She just planted a false memory in his mind using the Neural Neutralizer.

6. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

True, Kirk wasn´t in love with her before the planted memory (which she didn´t do, BTW, but Dr. What´s-His-Name ;)). But then again, we don´t know what happened at the christmas party Helen Noel is referring to. Judging by her smile and Kirk´s somewhat embarrassed reaction, they may well have ... you know :)

7. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Docked?

8. ZapBrannigan

Don't you remember? Helen had Kirk in the chair and she said that they had in fact danced and talked at the Christmas party. Then she said, "I suggest now that it happened in a different way." And she created a new memory of them going back to his quarters.

9. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

:D

Well I guess it´s my turn now to be embarrassed. I honestly remembered only that she planted the hunger in his mind. But now that you say it, I remember how the scene continued. Thanks :techman:

10. blueshirt

blueshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Another option is that she could have appeared once a year or so when they had a fitting script that needed a strong guest star, like they did with Harry Mudd.

Helen Noel would have been perfect for the Ann Mulhall role in "Return to Tomorrow."
    Noel also could have been the "Mirror, Mirror" captain's woman.

Perhaps the Mira Romaine role in "The Lights of Zetar" could have been made to fit her, though you couldn't have Scotty fawning over her.

11. ZapBrannigan

Yeah, that was an odd way to compliment a woman, because it implies that women as a rule are crazy and stupid.

12. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Just because you might not find it objectionable doesn't mean all gay people on here are of like mind.

13. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Gay or not, let's *not* use the term. It's a slur and I don't like seeing it anymore than I would like seeing the "n" word, either with the "er" ending or with the "a" ending.

14. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Look I don't think we need yet another crew-woman in Star Trek infatuated with Kirk.
    If they played it in the episode that Noel was not really interested in Kirk it would be different. If she had just made up the story of Kirk being in love with her for her own amusement then she might have made a reasonable addition to the crew.

Although if she were a regular a visit to the quartermaster would have been needed to get her a proper fitting uniform. :lol:

15. ZapBrannigan

I don't know what you mean. ;)

[​IMG]